[sci.electronics] Voice recognition help needed

geo@tc.fluke.COM (Dennis Gramkow) (04/02/90)

In article <78473@tut.cis.ohio-state.edu> brentley r smith <bsmith@cis.ohio-state.edu> writes:
>Hi, I am thinking of building a voice operated master infared remote control.
>You know, you are lounging on the couch and say "TV volume up" and the device
>sends the volume up command to the TV via infared.  I need to know a few things
>and was wondering if you all could help out?

>	2) Can a filter be devised that will "recognize" ones voice over
>	   the noise of the TV and surrounding environment?

        YES it is allready in the Mastervoice Butler

>	3) What hardware could I use to create such a device?  I'm not asking
>	   for a schematic, just what kinds of chips, components, and
>	   circuits would be best to use for this device?

        Try Mateing Some Kind of control over a memerex cp8 IR controler
	this is wht Mastervoice has done ...

>	4) Any other help or suggestions would be much appreciated.

        The Mastervoice Butler can controll up to 32 devices by voice

	ie: it can send out BSR code : For Control of lights, Appliances,
				      Heating and Cooling.

	    it can send out ASCII code:  For control of Infered (TV CD's sat's)
					and control over any Computer Sys.

	    it can send out an IO Port command: For Control over Electronic
					       Switches ect.

         It Can Control With The Comands of ON, OFF, BRIGHTER, DIM, ALL ON
					    ALL OFF, and ACTVATE

         It handels up to 4 different people all speaking different or the
	 same language

	 It has it own built in mikes and speakers

	 It's also got a built in two way Phone each user can ask it to
	 call up to 16 different numbers by name.

	 It can control about anything that has a switch in it or on it
	 by VOICE, TOUCH, or TIME

You can write to      OFF THE SHELF
                     14181 313 th NE.
		     Arlington WA. 98223
		     (206) 435- 4111

                     1-800-458-6423
		     1-800-45-VOICE

		     They are the distributor for X-10, Enerlogic,and