[sci.electronics] PALs by Modem

kthompso@entec.Wichita.NCR.COM (Ken Thompson) (04/05/90)

Why not buddy up with a student or neighbor who works at one of the
many computer outfits in your area?

--
Ken Thompson     N0ITL
NCR Corp.  3718 N. Rock Road

marks@mgse.UUCP (Mark Seiffert) (04/11/90)

In article <19143@boulder.Colorado.EDU>, rainer@hibachi.colorado.edu (Rainer Malzbender) writes:
> This really ought to exist: for those of us too cheap to buy
> expensive PAL/PLD programmers, there should be a dial-up service
> where you send them a CUPL file or something like that and a credit
> card number, and they send you a burned chip. If you're desperate
> they could FedEx it to you.
>
> Can anyone point me to such a service ? Or wanna start one ?

Here is one company that is doing it, contact them at
rex.cs.tulane!napsac!wmb!liz!unistar!pds.

Unistar Inc., provides programming of electronic devices to the customer's
specifications includung PALs, GALs, bipolar PROMS, EPROMs, CMOS EPROMS,
some EEPROMS and, PEELs, and some Intel processors.

Programming charges are $25.00 per chip, plus the chips if we are to provide
them, plus shipping and handling. We will ship using UPS, or the overnight
company of the customer's choosing. Payment is by American Express,  COD
cash or pre-payment with a check. Sorry, Master Charge/Visa and Discover
are being processed right now.

Unistar will accept data files to program into supported devices via US Mail,
net mail, or thru a dial up line. For PAL chips, we use the JEDEC format,
and for PROM files, we can handle binary, or Motorola, Intel, Tektronics
Hex files.

For more information or questions, contact Unistar directly

Unistar, Inc.
P.O. Box 23563
1827 Hickory Avenue
Harahan, LA., 70183

voice +1 504 738 1400
fax   +1 504 738 2062

or use one of the mail addresses below;

uucp:		rex.cs.tulane.edu!mgse!napsac!wmb!liz!unistar!pds
uucp:		rex!mgse!napsac!wmb!liz!unistar!pds

internet:	pds%mgse!napsac!wmb!liz!unistar@rex.cs.tulane.edu
bitnet:		pds%mgse!napsac!wmb!liz!unistar@REX.CS.TULANE.EDU

You can also get a list of supported devices and leave mail by calling the
data number at +1 504 737 xxxx. This is a small BBS type system just for
leaving mail, uploading data files, and getting more information. The modem
will handle 300, 1200 and 2400 baud dial-ins, users calling in at 300 or
1200 baud will have to send a BREAK to get a login prompt. Once you have a
login prompt, type "pds" to get in.

--
Mark Seiffert,  Metairie, LA.
uucp:           rex.cs.tulane.edu!mgse!marks or rex!mgse!marks

marks@mgse.UUCP (Mark Seiffert) (04/11/90)

In my previous message, the phone number for the BBS system was
missing. Here is the corrected paragraph.

In article <1105@mgse.UUCP>, marks@mgse.UUCP (Mark Seiffert) writes:

> Here is one company that is doing it, contact them at
> rex.cs.tulane!napsac!wmb!liz!unistar!pds.

You can also get a list of supported devices and leave mail by calling the
data number at +1 504 737 3422. This is a small BBS type system just for