[sci.electronics] PC layout programs for IBM or Mac

kingman@tci.UUCP (Matt Kingman) (04/11/90)

Does anyone know of programs for IBM PC or Macintosh (preferably) that
can generate a printed circuit board layout?  I've seen some real
expensive ones for the Mac (> $1000) but I'm looking for something
a more reasonable (It doesn't need to be real complex).  Thanks.

/Matt
--
Matt Kingman - Systems Engineer		kingman@tci.bell-atl.com
Technology Concepts Inc.		...!uunet!tci!kingman

cmb@dtg.nsc.com (cb) (04/13/90)

In article <368@tci.UUCP> kingman@tci.UUCP (Matt Kingman) writes:
>Does anyone know of programs for IBM PC or Macintosh (preferably) that
>can generate a printed circuit board layout?  I've seen some real
>expensive ones for the Mac (> $1000) but I'm looking for something
>a more reasonable (It doesn't need to be real complex).  Thanks.

A few names I can think of offhand for PC:

-Smartwork
-PADS
-Tango

You can find their ads in Printed Circuit Design trade magazine.