[sci.electronics] Mini FM bugs

peter.saulesleja@f630.n250.z1.fidonet.org (peter saulesleja) (05/30/90)

Yeah the FCC says you can't  broadcast more than 300 feet or something,
and with alot of bugs, a six-inch wire acts as an antenna for just
that.  But if you design one to operate off of 12 volts, and use Bell's
power to run it......  There's 4 wires in a telephone box.  Two are
for the phone, and the other two are used for a second phone line.
 If unused, they make a GREAT antenna, considering they're 150-250

feet long.  Just make sure you don't do this because it's illegal
 (smirk!)
                            -=Peter Saulesleja=-

--- Opus-CBCS 1.12
 * Origin: Nowhere(833-2814) "I hate origin lines!" (1:250/630.0)

dt@yenta.alb.nm.us (David B. Thomas) (06/01/90)

peter.saulesleja@f630.n250.z1.fidonet.org (peter saulesleja) writes:
>Just make sure you don't do this because it's illegal

Reminds me of something I read -- during prohibition, you could buy a
"wine brick" (sort of 'dehydrated wine'), which had a cute little label:

	DO NOT dissolve this in a gallon of water and let sit for 21
	days.  If you do, it will ferment and turn into wine.  That
	would be illegal.

(got that from Scot Morris's book, "The Book of Strange Facts & Useless
Information"

						David
						dt@yenta.alb.nm.us