[sci.electronics] rectangular bicolor LEDs?

denny@hpcilzb.HP.COM (Trueman Denny) (06/27/90)

I dont know if the dimensions are correct for your application but you might
look into the AND222 Dual Color LED.  It has four (4) terminals a seperate
anode and cathode terminal for the red and green leds.  You should also check
out the data books of Industrial Devices Inc. (IDI), Marktech, Data Display
Products, Hewlett-Packard, and Sharp.  If I come across something I will post
it.

In article <1310034@hpcilzb.HP.COM> denny@hpcilzb.HP.COM (Trueman Denny) writes:
>I dont know if the dimensions are correct for your application but you might
>look into the AND222 Dual Color LED.  It has four (4) terminals a seperate
>anode and cathode terminal for the red and green leds...

The AND222 is a bit on the weird side -- a small rectangle -- but actually
won't quite fit, because it's under 0.1" in only one direction, and in
that direction it has leads sprouting out both sides.  However, the AND208SG
may be just what the doctor ordered, if it has the right number of pins.
(The summary sheet I found doesn't have the pinout.)  Thanks.

>You should also check
>out the data books of Industrial Devices Inc. (IDI), Marktech, Data Display
>Products, Hewlett-Packard, and Sharp...

The basic problem is that not many people make bicolor LEDs, some of them
make the three-pin rather than two-pin type, and most of the remainder
carry them only in T1-3/4, which is too big.  Both IDIs (Industrial, and
International, Devices Inc.) carry only T1-3/4, HP doesn't seem to carry
bicolor devices at all, and all the Sharp bicolor devices are three-pin
ones with a common cathode, which I can't use.  Marktech and DDP I haven't
got info on; will check.

One other pointer I've had is "check Siemens", but I haven't had the
chance to follow this up yet.
--
"Either NFS must be scrapped or NFS    | Henry Spencer at U of Toronto Zoology
must be changed."      -John Osterhout |  henry@zoo.toronto.edu   utzoo!henry