[sci.electronics] Hero no longer listed in Heath catalog

jharkins@sagpd1.UUCP (Jim Harkins) (06/30/90)

In article <15500@s.ms.uky.edu> tindle@ms.uky.edu (Ken Tindle) writes:
>And there was a letter from Heath's president about a year ago, published
>in their catalog, that kit sales were poor and Heath would offer progressively
>fewer kits in the future.  Well, that was the gist of it, anyway.

If true this is indeed unfortunate.  I got my start in electronics building
these kits, when I was a kid it was well known in the neighborhood that I
would put Heath kits together for free.  You can learn an awful lot by trying
to figure out why that color TV doesn't work, let alone calibrating the thing.
I think I put together 1 short wave radio, 2 color TVs, a stereo and amp,
and a weather station.  Only the radio was mine.  This culminated in my
building an expansion interface for my first computer (TRS-80) when I was 21.
Alas, I don't seem to put these things together any more due to lack of time.

--
jim		jharkins@sagpd1

I hate to see you go, but I love to see you walk away.