[sci.electronics] Toroidal Inductors

maddog@athena.mit.edu (Matthew J Marjanovic) (07/04/90)

Does anyone know where I can get 1 inch or so toroidal ferrite
  forms, or just 1uH toroidal inductors?  I am building an audio
  power amplifier and the circuit requires the inductors to prevent
  oscillation and other bad things due to overly capacitive loads.
  (This means the inductors need to handle >10 amps.)

While I'm asking questions, does anybody know a good source for
  enclosures?  I'd like something in the 17"x5"x10" range (you know,
  stereo component sized), and the catalogs I've seen just don't seem
  to have anything.  (I'd also like to spend less than $50 on the
  enclosure.)

Thanks for any suggestions....

Matt Marjanovic          | "He who has never envied the vegetable,
maddog@athena.mit.edu    |    has missed the human drama."

trh@atari.UUCP (T R Hall) (07/05/90)

In article <1990Jul4.145736.24140@athena.mit.edu> maddog@athena.mit.edu (Matthew J Marjanovic) writes:

>Does anyone know where I can get 1 inch or so toroidal ferrite
>  forms, or just 1uH toroidal inductors?  I am building an audio
>  power amplifier and the circuit requires the inductors to prevent
>  oscillation and other bad things due to overly capacitive loads.
>  (This means the inductors need to handle >10 amps.)
>Matt Marjanovic          | "He who has never envied the vegetable,

	I have dealt very successfully in the past with a company called

	MicroMetals
	1190 N. Hawk, Anaheim, CA 92807
	(714) 630-7420

	They even have a Mass. Rep:

	Anchor Engineering, Newton Upper Falls, (617) 964-6416
	(old number... may be (508), now.)

	They make cores of all types and materials, including toroids; they
also have "engineering kits" for about $50.00 which include dozens, if not
hundreds of cores, in dozens of values, and include very good design info.
They have kits for RF, Audio, Power, etc.

	They were also very reasonable to deal with on small orders.

[I am in now way affiliated with them; just a satisfied customer]

					TRH