[sci.electronics] Polaroid sonars

ycy@walt.cc.utexas.edu (Joseph Yip) (07/10/90)

Hi,

I am looking for Polaroid ultrasonic sensors (sonars). People
in mobile robot area use sonars to estimate distance. If there are
anybodies who know where to buy them, please let me know.

- Joseph
Email: joseph@zeus.ee.utexas.edu
Addr: ECE, ENS 520, UT Austin, Austin, TX, 78712
Tel: (512) 471-1862

mcintyre@turing.cs.rpi.edu (David McIntyre) (07/10/90)

ycy@walt.cc.utexas.edu (Joseph Yip) writes:
>I am looking for Polaroid ultrasonic sensors (sonars). People
>in mobile robot area use sonars to estimate distance. If there are
>anybodies who know where to buy them, please let me know.

I bought one of these modules 5 years ago for a senior project, using
a Milton Bradley Big Trak as the base, and the Polaroid module as the
input.

Steve Ciarcia's columns in Byte (no longer) had at least 2 project that
used them, which has much information about how to use these systems.

You can get these from one of these two sources:

	Circuit Cellar
	4 Park St
	Vernon, CT 06066
	(203) 875-2751

	or

	Micromint
	4 Park St
	Vernon, CT  06066
	(203) 871-6170
	(800) 635-3355

but these two sources are pretty close to being the same source.  Try the
800 number first.

				-Dave

Dave "mr question" McIntyre     |      "....say you're thinking about a plate
mcintyre@turing.cs.rpi.edu      |       of shrimp.....and someone says to
office : 518-276-8633		|	you 'plate,' or 'shrimp'......"