[sci.electronics] Help with Fluke 4000A DMM

depolo@eniac.seas.upenn.edu (Jeff DePolo) (07/26/90)

I have a Fluke 4000A digital multimeter that I got at a hamfest.  It had
been working, but quit after a cross-country trip in the trunk of a car.
Taking the cover off reveiled a broken filiment in a light bulb in the
charging circuit.  Not having the schematic, I was told that the bulb
is used as a current limiter when charging the 4 D-cell NiCds.  In
any event, I couldn't find a replacement at the few parts suppliers
in the area, nor a cross reference.  The bulb is labeled G63 - that's it.

Any help in finding a replacement would be appreciated.

								--- Jeff
+-----------------------+-----------------------------------------------------+
|   Jeff DePolo N3HBZ   | Internet: depolo@eniac.seas.upenn.edu               |
| Univ. of Pennsylvania | RF: 146.685- 224.40- 442.70+ 144.455s (Philadelpia) |
| Computer Science Eng. | Twisted pair: (215) 386-7199 home                   |
|     Class of 1991     | Carrier pigeon: 420 South 42nd St. Philly, PA 19104 |

ferguson@tc.fluke.COM (Ed Ferguson) (07/27/90)

In article <27498@netnews.upenn.edu>, depolo@eniac.seas.upenn.edu (Jeff DePolo) writes:
> I have a Fluke 4000A digital multimeter that I got at a hamfest.
> Taking the cover off reveiled a broken filiment in a light bulb ...

I'm sure you mean model 8000A since Fluke never made a model 4000A.
The bulb is a General Electric 63.  It is 7 volts, 630 mA, bayonet base.
If you cannot find one call Fluke Service Parts at 800-526-4731.  They
will take credit card orders. The Fluke part number is 352237.

Ed Ferguson        UUCP:  ferguson@tc.fluke.COM