[sci.electronics] HeathKit demise

nvosd@nwnexus.WA.COM (UW West ) (07/24/90)

I heard an (ugly?) rumor the other day that Heathkit was getting
out of the electronics kit business, and was going to start
selling Zenith (Bull?) computers exclusively.  Has anyone else
heard this?  Is there any truth to this?  If so, I would imagine
that there will have to be a "close out sale" sometime, at which I
would expect to see some bargains???

Thanks!

Clay Jackson - US West New Vector Group

sbhattac@rnd.GBA.NYU.EDU (Shankar Bhattacharyya) (07/24/90)

In article <346@nwnexus.WA.COM> nvosd@nwnexus.WA.COM (UW West ) writes:
>I heard an (ugly?) rumor the other day that Heathkit was getting
>out of the electronics kit business, and was going to start
>selling Zenith (Bull?) computers exclusively.  Has anyone else
>heard this?  Is there any truth to this?  If so, I would imagine
>that there will have to be a "close out sale" sometime, at which I
>would expect to see some bargains???

The most recent Heathkit catalog has 50% price reductions on the audio
kits. Instrument kits remain as they were.

--- Shankar

Shankar Bhattacharyya, Information Systems, New York University
sbhattac@rnd.gba.nyu.edu

seningen@oakhill.UUCP (Michael Seningen) (07/24/90)

Does anyone have a extra catclog the could send me or know
where I can get one?

Mike Seningen
Hi End CPU Design
Motorola Inc Oak Hill
6501 W William Cannon Drive
MD OE38
Austin Texas 78735

sbhattac@rnd.GBA.NYU.EDU (Shankar Bhattacharyya) (07/27/90)

In article <3574@serval.oakhill.UUCP> seningen@serval.UUCP (Michael Seningen) writes:
>Does anyone have a extra catclog the could send me or know
>where I can get one?

      Heath Company
      PO Box 8589
      Benton Harbor, MI 49022

      616-982-3296

They were pretty prompt about getting a catalogue out to me.