[sci.electronics] Anti-Gravity Devices

cscon143@uoft02.utoledo.edu (07/07/90)

	Hi!  This is my first posting.  I know this may sound a
	little weird but every once and a while while reading a
	electronics magazine I run across an ad for plans for
	an anti-gravity device.  I was wondering if anyone has
	every got a hold of these plans and built one.  Any
	comments?

				-Erik

levene@aplcomm.jhuapl.edu (Robert A. Levene) (07/08/90)

In article <1990Jul7.094106.1004@uoft02.utoledo.edu>
cscon143@uoft02.utoledo.edu writes:

>	Hi!  This is my first posting.  I know this may sound a
>	little weird but every once and a while while reading a
>	electronics magazine I run across an ad for plans for
>	an anti-gravity device.  I was wondering if anyone has
>	every got a hold of these plans and built one.  Any
>	comments?

This is your lucky day!

  Anti-gravity technology has existed for quite some time, and
if your EE professor hasn't yet described it to you in Circuits 101,
complain to the dean NOW so that he can correct this oversight.

  As a service to the net, I'm selling my anti-gravity field
generator.  And I don't mean some two-bit electromagnetic
levitator -- I mean the Real Thing.   Here's the schematic:

                            ______\/
                           / \    /\  Anti-Grav Field Antenna
                          /   )
      Flux             -----   )
      Capacitor  -->  -----     )  <-- Magnetic Monopole Inductor
                       /         \
                      /____(T)____\  <-- Tachyon detector
  100% Bug-free       \           /
  Totally Secure       \         / +
  Computer Controller   \__  ------
                --->    |__|  ---  <--  Cold-Fusion battery
                          \   /
                           \_/
           Figure 1 -- Antigravity Field Generator
     (arranged in balanced "Brooklyn Bridge" configuration)

  By carefully adjusting the Flux Capacitor and Magnetic Monopole Inductor
until the Tachyon Detector is nulled, you can generate an anti-gravity
field which will levitate you, as well as effectively jam nearby Police
radar.  (I'm not sure which bands it jams -- follow-up to rec.autos and
rec.ham-radio to get the complete answer.)

  Call me at 1-800-QUIK-CKT for ordering information and more complete
specifications.  Or read H.G. Wells.  Or watch that sneaker commercial
featuring the winner of the "IEEE Award for Improving the Public Image of
Engineers and Scientists" -- know what I mean?

-- Rob Levene

--
Robert A. Levene/  The Johns Hopkins U.  \Internet: levene@aplcomm.jhuapl.edu
  |  ||  | |   /Applied Physics Laboratory\ BITNET: RXL1@APLVM
Disclaimer: "If I am not for myself, who will be for me?" - Hillel _Avot_1:14

hwt@.bnr.ca (Henry Troup) (07/19/90)

In article <5902@aplcen.apl.jhu.edu> levene@aplcomm.jhuapl.edu (Robert A. Levene) writes:
>In article <1990Jul7.094106.1004@uoft02.utoledo.edu>
>cscon143@uoft02.utoledo.edu writes:
>
>>	electronics magazine I run across an ad for plans for
>>	an anti-gravity device.  I was wondering if anyone has
>
>This is your lucky day!
Cute pseudo-flame deleted.

I've seen those ads, too. I never wasted the money on them when I was a poor
student, but I too would like to know that you get.  Maybe I'll have to try
it.  (Obviously, you get 'taken' - but what kind of plans to they send?)
--
Henry Troup - BNR owns but does not share my opinions | Not one of 100% of
..uunet!bnrgate!hwt%bwdlh490 HWT@BNR.CA 613-765-2337 | Americans

goldstein@arecibo.aero.org (Fogbound Child) (07/20/90)

In article <3794@bwdls58.UUCP>, hwt@.bnr.ca (Henry Troup) writes...
>In article <5902@aplcen.apl.jhu.edu> levene@aplcomm.jhuapl.edu (Robert A. Levene) writes:
>>In article <1990Jul7.094106.1004@uoft02.utoledo.edu>
>>cscon143@uoft02.utoledo.edu writes:
>>
>>>	electronics magazine I run across an ad for plans for
>>>	an anti-gravity device.  I was wondering if anyone has
>>
>>This is your lucky day!
>Cute pseudo-flame deleted.
>
>I've seen those ads, too. I never wasted the money on them when I was a poor
>student, but I too would like to know that you get.  Maybe I'll have to try
>it.  (Obviously, you get 'taken' - but what kind of plans to they send?)
>--
>Henry Troup - BNR owns but does not share my opinions | Not one of 100% of
>...uunet!bnrgate!hwt%bwdlh490 HWT@BNR.CA 613-765-2337 | Americans

Well, I can think of a dozen good anti-gravity devices. Or perhaps, I should
be more specific, and refer to them as gravity-opposing devices, since they
operate counter to, say, Earth's gravitational field. You'll also not that
gravity has nothing to do with it, but they're not going to mention that in
the ads.

A few examples of such devices: airplanes, helicopters, air-hocky-boards and
pucks, etc.

Clever (and not-quite-honest) advertising can describe these things as
opposing gravity. That's what I suspect these people are up to.

___Samuel___
_________I_claim_and_accept_sole_responsibility_for_the_above._SjG.____________
<goldstein@aerospace.aero.org> | "In the space between our houses/ some bones
trimethylxanthine - it gets    | have been discovered/ yet our possession
 you through the day...        | lurches on/ as if we had recovered..."
Just ask William Bennett!      |                -the Church

kimf@arrester.caltech.edu (Kim Dorian Flowers) (07/21/90)

goldstein@arecibo.aero.org (Fogbound Child) writes:

> [...]

Is this device one of those ultrasonic levitators? I've seen
those advertised as anti-gravity devices...

Kim Flowers
kimf@tybalt.caltech.edu

dlou@dino.ucsd.edu (Dennis Lou) (07/21/90)

<
<Well, I can think of a dozen good anti-gravity devices. Or perhaps, I should
<be more specific, and refer to them as gravity-opposing devices, since they
<operate counter to, say, Earth's gravitational field. You'll also not that
<gravity has nothing to do with it, but they're not going to mention that in
<the ads.
<
<A few examples of such devices: airplanes, helicopters, air-hocky-boards and
<pucks, etc.

Oh come now, everyone knows that an airfoil converts the air drag
generated from the pull of gravity into forward motion which is then
translated into lift via turbulent flow!  :-)

--
Dennis Lou                Disclaimer: I don't use lame disks.
dlou@dino.ucsd.edu         "But Yossarian, what if everyone thought that way?"

Ordania-DM@cup.portal.com (Charles K Hughes) (07/26/90)

  RE: Antigravity stuff. :)

  I believe I've come across two such items (hey, what can I say, I sent
away for that material when I was a kid :).
  The first item I've seen is merely a hovercraft.
  The second item was a great deal more interesting, but completely
theoretical (and likely impossible).  It was based on centrifugal force
and required that the spinning object by harnessed when it spun AWAY from
the pull of gravity.  I think they tried to base it on the gyroscope
principle.  Anyway, by harnessing the force of the object when it opposed
gravity, you were able to generate "anti-gravity".  It was a while ago,
so I don't remember if they explained how to do this (you mech techs
know that it don't work :) but they continued and theorized that if
electrons could be harnessed in this way, you'd have a perfect anti-gravity
generator.  (You would...except that you can't harness the centrifugal
force of something spinning at the speed of light :)

Charles_K_Hughes@cup.portal.com

myers@hpfcdj.HP.COM (Bob Myers) (07/28/90)

>  The second item was a great deal more interesting, but completely
>theoretical (and likely impossible).  It was based on centrifugal force
>and required that the spinning object by harnessed when it spun AWAY from
>the pull of gravity.  I think they tried to base it on the gyroscope
>principle.  Anyway, by harnessing the force of the object when it opposed
>gravity, you were able to generate "anti-gravity".  It was a while ago,
>so I don't remember if they explained how to do this (you mech techs
>know that it don't work :) but they continued and theorized that if
>electrons could be harnessed in this way, you'd have a perfect anti-gravity
>generator.  (You would...except that you can't harness the centrifugal
>force of something spinning at the speed of light :)

Wouldn't make any difference, because the entire concept is flawed in the
first place.  There's no such thing as "centrifugal force"; what normally
goes by that name is really just inertia.  You feel "centrifugal force"
when whirling a mass on a line around simply because you have to accelerate
the mass *inward* to get it to follow a circular course - by itself, the
mass at all times "wants" to keep moving in a direction tangential to the
circle.  The distinction is usually only for the pedantic, until we start
talking about such things as "harnessing the centrifugal force."

Bob Myers  KC0EW   HP Graphics Tech. Div.|  Opinions expressed here are not
                   Ft. Collins, Colorado |  those of my employer or any other
myers%hpfcla@hplabs.hp.com               |  sentient life-form on this planet.

mmel@cup.portal.com (Robert Jules Shaughnessy) (07/29/90)

     Your in luck! I sent in for one of those and my responce is much more
interesting. (Hehehe I was just TOO curious!) It tells you how to CHANGE THE
GRAVITATIONAL CONSTANT! It basically talks about the Bienfield-Brown Effect.
Wich is an experement where they changed the rate of a ceramic pendulum by
putting  an electrode above and below it, while passing a a 50Kvolt current
between them. (Neato!) This supposably was cause by the Current changing the
gravitaional constand.
     After it gives you all this info, it tells you how to make a craft that
uses this "Anti-Gravity", called the "NIPD II" It basically is two electrodes
that you run 50K volts through and supposably rises. It also admits that the
craft will lift off the ground do to IONIC wind, but that in a vacume, ANTI