[sci.electronics] Chime generator

tuv@pmafire.UUCP (Mark Tovey) (07/28/90)

   Does anyone know of a readily available tone/chime generator chip for
a home project? I could swear that Radio Shack used to carry one, but
have been unable to find any information about it. If you know of one,
please respond by email. Thanks in advance.

a143@mindlink.UUCP (Ed Meyer) (07/29/90)

> tuv@pmafire.UUCP writes:
>
>    Does anyone know of a readily available tone/chime generator chip for
> a home project? I could swear that Radio Shack used to carry one, but
> have been unable to find any information about it. If you know of one,
> please respond by email. Thanks in advance.

Although I can't remember the exact number of the part, it is actually made by
Siemens.  I know because I had to find it for a project about a year ago.  Be
very sure to read the spec's on voltages and power output.