[sci.electronics] VGA pinouts

coil@ilium.eng.ohio-state.edu (Stacy D Coil) (07/27/90)

Hello,

	Could someone e-mail me the spec's on the VGA pinout and on the signal
for a multisync monitor.  I would like to try to make a box that convert a
NTSC signal into a signal compatable for a Multisync monitor.  If any one knows
of such beast, please let me know.

Stacy Coil
coil@igl1.eng.ohio-stat.edu

strike@lopez.UUCP (Tim Bowser) (07/29/90)

coil@ilium.eng.ohio-state.edu (Stacy D Coil) writes:

>Hello,

>	Could someone e-mail me the spec's on the VGA pinout and on the signal
>for a multisync monitor.  I would like to try to make a box that convert a
>NTSC signal into a signal compatable for a Multisync monitor.  If any one knows
>of such beast, please let me know.

ATTENTION:  This is *NOT* a flame.

In the future, please remember that all monitors calling themselves
"Multisync" are not the same when it comes to the pinouts for their adaptor
cables.  What might work for a NEC product might blow the heck out of a
Goldstar.  Once we have the actual product name you're working with, then
we can talk turkey on the wiring.

This holds true for any other project you might want to poll the combined
wisdom of the 'Net on.  Be as specific as you can about the project, and
chances are you will succeed in getting the info you need.

Now, back to the "search for blue LED's", continuously in progress...

--
 Tim Bowser ("Strikemaster"), Hardware Mediator | "Don't tell my mother I'm
   GWN UPLink!,  The U.P.'s USENET Connection   |   a Xenix sysadmin; she