[sci.electronics] Source for a CD2240

gsm@terminator.cc.umich.edu (Greg Miller) (07/28/90)

 Earlier this week, I posted a message about finding a source for a CD2240;
it was used in a Radio-Electronics article describing how to strip and
restore video sync from a video signal.  I mentioned that I had no problem
finding any of the other parts, but that this was had me seriously stumped.

 The next day, I happened across the "errors and corrections" section of the
next issue of R-E, and found that the darned thing was mislabelled - in
fact, it was a CD22402E.  That would explain why it never appeared in any
of the catalogs.

 Nevertheless, I received a number of responses pointing out my foolishness
to me, as well as a number of responses explaining that a 2240 -timer chip-
does indeed exist.

 The best of all was from Paul Iordanides (paulio@cod.nosc.mil), telling me:

>   The  chip  you  actually need is the CD22402E. It is  made  by G.E..
>Mouser  Electronics  sells them for $6.90. (800-34-MOUSER)

 Thanks much to everyone who responded, including -

 Dave Turner - pacbell@dmt
 Mark Zenier - markz@ssc.uucp (who mentioned that Arrow Electronics may also
                               sell the CD22402E)
 Mike Ardai - ardai@teda.uucp
 Steve Goldman - goldman@maxzilla.encore.com
 Morten Pedersen - mortenpp@ulrik.uic.no
 (and if I missed anyone, thanks to you, too!)

 Overall, it appears that the CD22402E is manufactured by Harris (who is
apparently either owned by, or sells through RCA), and GE.

 Thanks again!

 - Greg

 gm@ionic.uucp
 gsm@terminator.cc.umich.edu
 GSMILLER@MTUS5.BITNET

dmt@PacBell.COM (Dave Turner) (07/31/90)

In article <1990Jul27.171459.27048@terminator.cc.umich.edu> gsm@terminator.cc.umich.edu (Greg Miller) writes:
> Earlier this week, I posted a message about finding a source for a CD2240;
>it was used in a Radio-Electronics article describing how to strip and
>>   The  chip  you  actually need is the CD22402E. It is  made  by G.E..
>>Mouser  Electronics  sells them for $6.90. (800-34-MOUSER)

The Sept 1990 issue of Radio-Electronics has two additional suppliers for
the CD22402E.

D&D Electronics, Inc
PO Box 3310
N. Attleboro, MA 02761

Sells them for $12.95 and a complete kit for $59.00 which is about half the
price mentioned in the original R-E article.

Prelco
605 Chestnut St.
Union, NJ 07083

Sells the CD22402E for $8.95.

These are higher than Mouser but the kit by D&D might be a good buy.

--
Dave Turner	415/823-2001	{att,bellcore,sun,ames,decwrl}!pacbell!dmt