[sci.electronics] How to get Spice 3

mark@mips.COM (Mark G. Johnson) (08/06/90)

In article <14455@lambda.UUCP> crs@lambda.UUCP (Charlie Sorsby) writes:
  >And can anyone suggest where one may obtain (preferably by
  >anonymous ftp) a copy of the most recent version of SPICE?  I
  >believe it is spice3.  This is the version written in C and
  >includes, I believe, a program called nutmeg.

You get SPICE 3 by obtaining a license for it from the Regents of the
University of California (Berkeley).  Part of the license is that
you won't redistribute it for commercial use.  Fortunately the
license is ridiculously low-priced; it barely covers the cost of
the magnetic media, shipping, printing the documents, etc.

To get a license, and thus to get the program itself, you merely
place a telephone call to

             Cindy Manley
             UC Berkeley
             Software Publications Office
             (415) 643-6687

The rest is easy.  Voila, you've got SPICE.
--
 -- Mark Johnson
 	MIPS Computer Systems, 930 E. Arques M/S 2-02, Sunnyvale, CA 94086