[sci.electronics] Sony Chairman Book in English

Mark.Perew@ofa123.fidonet.org (Mark Perew) (08/04/90)

A friend has asked me to try and find a file for him.  The file is
an unauthorized English translation of a book by the chairman of
Sony.  I am told that the subject matter is "Why Japan Succeeds and
America Fails".  I am also told that an electronic copy of this
book circulated on usenet last year.

If you know where I can get a copy please send me e-mail as I do not
read this newsgroup.

Thank you.

--
Mark Perew
Internet: Mark.Perew@ofa123.fidonet.org

palmermg@ingr.com (Michael G. Palmer) (08/06/90)

In article <845.26BAE395@ofa123.fidonet.org> Mark.Perew@ofa123.fidonet.org
 (Mark Perew) writes:
>an unauthorized English translation of a book by the chairman of
>Sony.  I am told that the subject matter is "Why Japan Succeeds and
>America Fails".  I am also told that an electronic copy of this
>book circulated on usenet last year.
>
>If you know where I can get a copy please send me e-mail as I do not
>read this newsgroup.

I, too, (and I am sure others) would be interested in this file.
So, please also post publicly where this file can be obtained.

Michael Palmer

no clever .sig yet

jws@thumper.mlb.semi.harris.com (James W. Swonger) (08/08/90)

 I think the title referred to is "The Japan That Can Say No". It has been
posted to the net, which is where I got my copy (third-hand). I have no
idea which newsgroup, though.

jharkins@sagpd1.UUCP (Jim Harkins) (08/10/90)

In article <1990Aug8.141044.24797@mlb.semi.harris.com> jws@thumper.mlb.semi.harris.com (James W. Swonger) writes:

> I think the title referred to is "The Japan That Can Say No". It has been
>posted to the net, which is where I got my copy (third-hand). I have no
>idea which newsgroup, though.

I posted the tex format file in misc.headlines last April or so.  If enough
people send me email I could probably re-post it, it's about 650K if I
remember right.  This really doesn't belong in this newsgroup, if you want
it send me mail and I'll decide whether to re-post or send individual copies
based on demand.  If I post I will *NOT* mention I did so in this newgroup.

--
jim		jharkins@sagpd1

Iraqnophobia!  The talk of the Middle East.  Coming soon to a theatre of war
near you.

Mark.Perew@ofa123.fidonet.org (Mark Perew) (08/13/90)

My thanks go to the following individuals who responded to my inquiry
for the Morita book "The Japan That Can Say No".

Garth Snyder         |  UUCP: {bpa,liberty}!swatsun!garth
CS Dept,Bradley Hall |   NET: garth@lafayette.dartmouth.edu
Dartmouth College    |  DOD#: 0085
Hanover, NH  03755   | QUOTE: "Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum
viditur"

zardoz!fiuggi!uunet!tut.fi!jk87377
zardoz!uunet!tut.fi!jk87377 (Kouhia Juhana Krister)  [Denmark]

zardoz!fiuggi!uunet!sgi.com!dave%ratmandu.csd
zardoz!uunet!sgi.com!dave%ratmandu.csd (dave "who can do? ratmandu!"
ratcliffe)

My special thanks go to to Dave Ratcliffe for going ahead and sending me
all 173K+ bytes (!) of the file.

For the masses of you that asked me to tell you where to get a copy, I
would suggest that you contact one of the above kind people.

Again, my thanks go out to Garth, Kouhia and especially to Dave.

--- Opus-CBCS 1.13
 * Origin: Universal Electronics, Inc. [714 939-1041] (1:103/208.0)