[sci.electronics] X10 for 220v ?

iwm@doc.ic.ac.uk (Ian Moor) (08/15/90)

Are there versions of X10 controllers (appliance controllers communicating
over the mains) for 220-240v ac (Uk versions)? If not does anybody know
how they are implemented ? Custom IC(s) or Nat Semi's mains comms chip plus
some others. I have seen seen both data-link over mains and burglar alarm
control over mains, but both systems are two expensive to buy just to pull
apart.

rick@ofa123.fidonet.org (Rick Ellis) (08/19/90)

On <Aug 15 08:57> Ian Moor writes:

 IM> Are there versions of X10 controllers (appliance controllers
 IM> communicating over the mains) for 220-240v ac (Uk versions)?

Last I heard X10 controllers were not available in the UK.

--
Rick Ellis
Internet: rick@ofa123.fidonet.org