[sci.electronics] Looking for BA area TV repair

kburgess@pioneer.arc.nasa.gov (Ken Burgess RCS) (08/18/90)

I have a 27inch Toshiba TV which will shut itself off
after about 5 minutes of play, very short movies.  It seems
to be tripping some sort of internal breaker or switch.

I would be interested in finding someone who could fix this
little bug, and hopefully do it at a very moderate price, while
having good skill expertise, and referals.

If anyone knows of someone who might have some suggestions
on how to help me solve this little problem, I would greatly
appreciate it.

Please send email or contact me directly
Ken Burgess
(415)-604-6347 W
(415)-657-0562 H
kburgess@ames.arc.nasa.gov

	Ken Burgess
	kburgess@ames.arc.nasa.gov
	Nasa-Ames Research Center
	(415)-694-6347

shedevil@portia.Stanford.EDU (Anne Prisk) (08/19/90)

I have had alot of luck with Sound Technics, on Hamilton in Palo Alto.
They are very reasonable, and give FREE estimates!
--
<*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*>
   Anne (She Devil) Mitchell - Stanford Law - BBS: 415-497-5291,1200,N,8,1

gordon@prls.UUCP (Gordon Vickers) (08/19/90)

In article <7893@amelia.nas.nasa.gov> kburgess@pioneer.arc.nasa.gov (Ken Burgess  RCS) writes:
>I have a 27inch Toshiba TV which will shut itself off
>after about 5 minutes of play, very short movies.  It seems
>to be tripping some sort of internal breaker or switch.
>
>I would be interested in finding someone who could fix this
>little bug, and hopefully do it at a very moderate price, while
>having good skill expertise, and referals.

        Try:
              Unlimited T.V.  on Grape Ave. in Sunnyvale.  Down El Camino,
        first right after Banardo. It's in a small shopping center on
        the first block.

    My employer has used this firm many times as has 75% of the people
  in my department - that's how I learned of them.  I have been in there
  three times and have always been satisfied.  I've gone there when my
  test equiptment as been inadequate (since I don't own TV specific
  instruments) in troubleshooting.  They are knowelgable, and they attend
  manufacture's schools.

    Last time I was there, I heard the owner tell a customer that he would
  advice not having his VCR repaired (Korean made VCR) as it would be cheaper
  to buy a new one.  This impressed me becouse the owner could have accepted
  the VCR, charged one hour labor (minimum charge) and THEN told the customer.

    My immpresion is that they will work on any thing except some of the
  "garbage" brands .  In any event, I'm sure you'll get honest answers and
  charges - that along can justify the extra few miles to get there.

DISCLAIMER: I don't know the owner or any employee there, I'm just a
            satisfied customer.

Gordon Vickers 408/991-5370        {mips,pyramid|philabs}!prls!gordon
Signetics in Sunnyvale,Ca (USA)
Earth is a complex array of symbiotic relationships: Every extinction, whether
 animal, mineral, vegetable, or cultural hastens our own demise.