[sci.electronics] Homeminder

george@racsys.UUCP (George Rachor) (08/20/90)

I have had a GE Homeminder for several years.  Latley though we have had
to reprogram the machine after power outages.  I opened up the unit to search
for a battery but was unsucessful.  Anybody know how this unit keeps it's
settings during periods of no power?  Did I miss the battery?

--
George Rachor Jr.
Rachor Data Center, Beaverton, OR  97005

bill@videovax.tv.tek.com (William K. McFadden) (08/21/90)

In article <196@racsys.UUCP> george@racsys.UUCP (George Rachor) writes:
->I have had a GE Homeminder for several years.  Latley though we have had
->to reprogram the machine after power outages.  I opened up the unit to search
->for a battery but was unsucessful.  Anybody know how this unit keeps it's
->settings during periods of no power?  Did I miss the battery?

You might try looking for a big capacitor.  This is what my VCR uses to keep
the clock running during a power failure.
--
Bill McFadden    Tektronix, Inc.  P.O. Box 500  MS 58-639  Beaverton, OR  97077
bill@videovax.tv.tek.com,     {hplabs,uw-beaver,decvax}!tektronix!videovax!bill

carney@iccgcc.decnet.ab.com (08/21/90)

In article <196@racsys.UUCP>, george@racsys.UUCP (George Rachor) writes:
> I have had a GE Homeminder for several years.  Latley though we have had
> to reprogram the machine after power outages.  I opened up the unit to search
> for a battery but was unsucessful.  Anybody know how this unit keeps it's
> settings during periods of no power?  Did I miss the battery?
>
> --
> George Rachor Jr.
> Rachor Data Center, Beaverton, OR  97005
> racsys!george@flight.hf.intel.com

SOME (IF NOT ALL) HOMEMONDERS USED A NI-CAD PACK. IT WOULD LOOK LIKE A STACK
OF WATCH TYPE CELLS SHRINK WRAPED (BLUE OR YELLOW) ABOUT THE SIZE OF A
QUARTER IN DIAMETER AN INCH OR SO LONG.

						HOPE THIS HELPS

							MARK