[sci.electronics] Thyratrons, I need thyratrons!

kp74615@nokikana.tut.fi (Karri Tapani Palovuori) (08/09/90)

Help! Does anyone know where I could find thyratrons???

Almost any thyratron would propably do. The one of particular
interest would be '5948A'.

Who makes them? Who sells them? Prices?

Karri

P.S. Used/off-spec ones will do nicely. The price
     is more propably the limiting factor.

strong@tc.fluke.COM (Norm Strong) (08/17/90)

In article <1990Aug9.132037.3406@funet.fi> kp74615@nokikana.tut.fi (Karri Tapani Palovuori) writes:
}
}
}Help! Does anyone know where I could find thyratrons???
}
}Almost any thyratron would propably do. The one of particular
}interest would be '5948A'.
}
}Who makes them? Who sells them? Prices?

Well, there's the famous 2D21, probably the most popular thyratron ever
made.  I have several of them.  What's the matter with SCR's?
--

Norm Strong  (strong@tc.fluke.com)
2528 31st S.   Seattle WA 98144

waltw@mentor.com (Walt Wilson) (08/23/90)

In article <1990Aug9.132037.3406@funet.fi> kp74615@nokikana.tut.fi (Karri Tapani Palovuori) writes:

>Help! Does anyone know where I could find thyratrons???
>
>Almost any thyratron would propably do. The one of particular
>interest would be '5948A'.
>
>Who makes them? Who sells them? Prices?
>

>Karri
>

>P.S. Used/off-spec ones will do nicely. The price
>     is more propably the limiting factor.

I have a reasonable supply of 2D21 gas thyratrons.  My mail to you
bounces, but if that will do, send e-mail to

waltw@apd.mentor.com