[sci.electronics] VCR or TV compatible with US AND Europe?

johng@phred.UUCP (johng) (08/23/90)

I am looking to buy a VCR that can play tapes recorded on European systems
(PAL?) as well as those recorded on US systems (NTSC?).  Preferably the
VCR would be able to play both tapes onto a US television.

If anyone has seen these on the market please email or post a response.

Thanks,
...phred!johng

tuv@pmafire.UUCP (Mark Tovey) (08/24/90)

In article <3225@phred.UUCP> johng@phred.UUCP (johng) writes:
>I am looking to buy a VCR that can play tapes recorded on European systems
>(PAL?) as well as those recorded on US systems (NTSC?).  Preferably the
>VCR would be able to play both tapes onto a US television.
>
>If anyone has seen these on the market please email or post a response.
>
>Thanks,
>...phred!johng

       This question was brought up before, so I took the time to
locate a brochure I saw for a machine that does this very thing. A
company called Instant Replay manufactures equipment along this line.
Their prices range from $600 to $1200. They are located in Miami,
Florida and their phone number is (305)-448-7088.

oakley@megatek.UUCP (Dave Oakley) (09/01/90)

Try a Hitachi VT-498EM. You can buy it in Hong Kong

David Oakley
oakley@megatek.UUCP