[sci.electronics] Speech Recognition help wanted

b_haughey@ccvax.ucd.ie (Brian J Haughey) (08/21/90)

Hi there.

I'm looking for information on speech recognition chips. Could any of you
give me some pointers on references ?

In particular, one question has been interesting me : How do s.r chips
react to voice in an environment with background noise, for example an
office with other people talking. Can a typical chip recognise its
programmed keywords from among the extraneous voices ? Thanks in advance.

Regards,

bjh, University College Dublin     "There's no future in time travel"

josef@nixpbe.UUCP (Moellers) (08/23/90)

In <6698.26d02a31@ccvax.ucd.ie> b_haughey@ccvax.ucd.ie (Brian J Haughey) writes:

>Hi there.

>I'm looking for information on speech recognition chips. Could any of you
>give me some pointers on references ?

A couple of years ago BYTE Magazine (when it was still usefull) had an
article or two by Steve Ciarcia on a speech recognition system based on
a chip made by General Instruments (I think). It was called something
like SP256. The interesting thing about this chip is that it is
advertised as being a speech synthesis chip.

Need more? Throw some e-mail at me. I'll look it up.

--
| Josef Moellers		|	c/o Nixdorf Computer AG	|
|  USA: mollers.pad@nixbur.uucp	|	Abt. PXD-S14		|

beattie@mtg (Grant P. Beattie) (08/29/90)

josef@nixpbe.UUCP (Moellers) writes:

> A couple of years ago BYTE Magazine (when it was still usefull) had an

     You can say that again.

Grant Beattie            |  "I still believe in God, but God no longer
Music Technologies Group |   believes in me"
Edmonton, AB             |                   Wayne Hussy

root@pubit.sublink.ORG (Arrigo Benedetti) (09/05/90)

beattie@mtg (Grant P. Beattie) writes:

>josef@nixpbe.UUCP (Moellers) writes:
>>
>> A couple of years ago BYTE Magazine (when it was still usefull) had an

>     You can say that again.

I completely agree with you guys.
--
Arrigo Benedetti                      | USENET:  root@pubit.sublink.ORG
Via S.Agata 11, 41100 Modena - Italy  | BANG:    ..!rutgers!deejay!gear!pubit