[sci.electronics] Simple radio remote control

DAVE@ORION.BITNET (09/12/90)

Our elevators on campus are always quite busy, and we are looking to modify
them with a 'remote control' to allow authorized personnel immediate access
to a car when nessecary.  We hope to do this by placing radio-controlled
switches in parallel with the inspection key switches, and certain floor
buttons.  Can someone please give us some advice and schematics for INEXPENSIVE
circuits that can control at least 5 switches independantly.  I would like one
or two of them to be 'permanent toggle' controlled, ie: a button is pressed
on the transmitter, causing the switch to be closed, untill the button is
pressed again, upon which point the switch will be opened.  I need other
switches to be momentary, closing the circuit only while the transmiting
button is pressed.  My knowlege of electronics is not great (obviously) and
I would like the RC circuit to finally control a relay - which I can connect
across the switch terminals.  If my objectives are not clear, please email me
and I can explain them further.  If NOTHING ELSE, I would like the schematic
for a single xmitter/reciever to control ONE relay - momentary contact.

 thanx, dave michaels   dave@mercury.njit.edu

In article <154DAVE@ORION> DAVE@ORION.BITNET writes:
>Our elevators on campus are always quite busy, and we are looking to modify
>them with a 'remote control' to allow authorized personnel immediate access
>to a car when nessecary.  We hope to do this by placing radio-controlled
>switches in parallel...

Is there a reason why you absolutely must have *radio* control?  Given that
one seldom summons an elevator without being physically at one of the doors,
a keyswitch system would be an order of magnitude simpler, and would avoid
concerns about noise pickup etc (a significant worry for simple radio
systems).
--
TCP/IP: handling tomorrow's loads today| Henry Spencer at U of Toronto Zoology
OSI: handling yesterday's loads someday|  henry@zoo.toronto.edu   utzoo!henry