[sci.electronics] Magnet Wire

john@frog.UUCP (John Woods) (09/15/90)

In article <LLEE.90Sep7154816@joker.uucp>, llee@rocket.uucp (Leonard Lee) writes:
> I answered my own question! This just goes to show that one should n
> ot
> post every little thing on the net. Anyway, I just received the late
> st
> catalog from Newark and magnet wire is stocked. By the way, their ph
> one
> number is (312) 784-5100.

On the other hand, if you're interested in not going broke buying fancy
nylon-covered magnet wire, Amidon Associates stocks even sizes of enamel
covered wire (18 to 38 AWG) for $3.00 per quarter-pound spool (about half
to a quarter what Newark is charging).

Amidon Associates; 12033 Otsego St.; N. Hollywood CA 91607
($2.50 S&H in 48 states; $3.00 Alaska, Canada, Hawaii & Mexico;
 $4.00 Foreign Airmail to 8 oz; $6.00 Foreign Airmail to 1lb)

(no affiliation etc. happy customer etc.)

(also, Newark has a bunch of phone numbers, with regional salesfolk all over
the place)

--
John Woods, Charles River Data Systems, Framingham MA, (508) 626-1101
...!decvax!frog!john, john@frog.UUCP, ...!mit-eddie!jfw, jfw@eddie.mit.edu