[sci.electronics] Home Control

adyer@milo.wyse.com (Andrew Dyer x2446) (10/03/90)

I believe that there are guidelines about what sorts of signals and
power levels one can couple onto electrical wires, right?  So where do
I get my hands on them?  Also I have heard of an emerging spec for
home/industrial control type applications, does anybody know anything
about this?

What I am looking for is a sort of 'dishwasher lan' where all devices
have a distinct address, and can respond to control signals with
information about current status.  All this would go across the
internal house wiring or low-speed infra-red links.  I could then
kludge interfaces onto all of my current stuff(hopefully) and hook it
all to a pc as a controller/gateway system.

{uunet, mips, decwrl}!wyse!milo!adyer or adyer@milo.wyse.com
Andrew Dyer, c/o Wyse Technology MS203-3
3471 N. First St., San Jose, CA 95134-1803

rbrink@hubcap.clemson.edu (Rick Brink) (10/03/90)

> What I am looking for is a sort of 'dishwasher lan' where all devices
> have a distinct address, and can respond to control signals with
> information about current status.  All this would go across the
> internal house wiring or low-speed infra-red links.  I could then
> kludge interfaces onto all of my current stuff(hopefully) and hook it
> all to a pc as a controller/gateway system.
> 3471 N. First St., San Jose, CA 95134-1803

Popular science did an article on this a few months ago.

rick@ofa123.fidonet.org (Rick Ellis) (10/07/90)

On <Oct 02 18:10> Andrew Dyer x2446 writes:

 AD> Also I have heard of an emerging spec for
 AD> home/industrial control type applications, does anybody know anything
 AD> about this?

Here's what I have:

--
Rick Ellis