[sci.electronics] Bugs

hcliff@wybbs.mi.org (Cliff Helsel) (10/10/90)

Does anyone have plans to or know where someone could obtain plans/product
information for a "bug" (small listing device).

Cliff Helsel
hcliff@wybbs.mi.org
or hcliff@wybbs.UUCP

grege@gold.GVG.TEK.COM (Greg Ebert) (10/11/90)

In article <501@wybbs.mi.org> hcliff@wybbs.mi.org (Cliff Helsel) writes:
>Does anyone have plans to or know where someone could obtain plans/product
>information for a "bug" (small listing device).

"Electronic Invasion", written by Brown, has some plans and a few stories
(like the great emblem incident). It's an OLD book (from the 60's) but the
stuff will work. Wireless bugs, shotgun mics, etc.

"Listening" has evolved considerably since this book was published. I heard
a rumor that the windows on the Pentagon are vibrated with transducers
energized by heavy-metal music (Yeah, crank-up the Twisted Sister !) to
mask-out vibrations caused by conversation. All the ruckus about TEMPEST
is valid, because you can 'tune-in' to unshielded keyboards and RS232 cables
and figure-out what's being typed/printed etc.

I am only providing this to satisfy your quest for knowlege. The right to
individual privacy is sacred.
                                                                 #####
{uunet!tektronix!gold!grege}     Register to vote, then        ##  |  ##
grege@gold.gvg.tek.com           vote responsibly             #    |    #
Support the First Amendment, not the party that attacks it     #/  |  \#
"I was, BANNED in the USA" - 2 Live Crew                        #######