[sci.electronics] PCM

elliott@optilink.UUCP (Paul Elliott x225) (10/12/90)

In article <8038@gollum.twg.com>, ravi@twg.com (Hemanth S. Ravi) writes:
> I am looking for some information on chips that do ADPCM (Adaptive differential
> Pulse Coded Modulation). I would appreciate info any such chips in the
> market or pointers to where I could find such information.

(I tried direct email, but my "Emailman" must be named Murphy...)

Hemanth-

One compamy that makes ADPCM chips is:

Base 2 Systems
5353 Manhattan Circle, #201
Boulder, Colorado
80303
(303) 494-4484

Sorry, I don't remember the IC name/number.

Another company:

Dallas Semiconductor
4350 Beltwood Parkway South
Dallas, TX 75244-3219
(214) 450-0400
(214) 450-0470 (FAX)

The part number is: DS2167 ADPCM Processor
Ask for the "Telecom Products" databook.

By the way, what are you planning to do with ADPCM?

--
      Paul M. Elliott      Optilink Corporation     (707) 795-9444
               {uunet, pyramid, tekbspa}!optilink!elliott