[sci.electronics] WD33C93A

nhanke@iiic.ethz.ch (Norbert Hanke) (10/12/90)

We are planning to use a Western Digital WD33C93A SCSI controller chip in a
DSP system to allow large amounts of sampled data to be stored on disk.

The only data sheet available from the swiss representative of WD is a
'Preliminary Engineering Specification' dated March 13, 1987. Is anybody
aware of a newer version of this document?

Thanks for your help!

Norbert Hanke
ETH Zurich, Switzerland

vail@tegra.COM (Johnathan Vail) (10/16/90)

In article <11260@neptune.inf.ethz.ch> nhanke@iiic.ethz.ch (Norbert Hanke) writes:

   We are planning to use a Western Digital WD33C93A SCSI controller chip in a
   DSP system to allow large amounts of sampled data to be stored on disk.

   The only data sheet available from the swiss representative of WD is a
   'Preliminary Engineering Specification' dated March 13, 1987. Is anybody
   aware of a newer version of this document?

I am using the AMD book, Rev A., dated June, 1989.

It is reasonable for a chip spec but no ap-notes.  I have been
struggling a bit with it.  It is quite involved and could really use
some ap-notes or a programmer's reference.

"The death of God left the angels in a strange position."
 _____
 -----  jv@n1dxg.ampr.org {...sun!sunne ..uunet}!tegra!vail

helle@ktshh.UUCP (Hellmuth Michaelis) (10/17/90)

In article <1599@atlas.tegra.COM> vail@tegra.COM (Johnathan Vail) writes:
>In article <11260@neptune.inf.ethz.ch> nhanke@iiic.ethz.ch (Norbert Hanke) writes:

>   ...planning to use a Western Digital WD33C93A SCSI controller chip [...]

>I am using the AMD book, Rev A., dated June, 1989.
>
>It is reasonable for a chip spec but no ap-notes.  I have been
>struggling a bit with it.  It is quite involved and could really use
>some ap-notes or a programmer's reference.

For programming the WD33C93 there is an Application Note from Western
Digital:

WD33C92 and WD33C93 SCSI Bus Interface Controller Starter Kit V1.0
Western Digital Corp. Applications Engineering, November 1986
written by John Spongr
(WD Document No. 79-000116)

There are also some Application Notes available on how to connect the
Device to Intel-type CPU's.

It was VERY difficult, to get these Notes from WD ....
 hellmuth michaelis                     helle@ktshh / ...!lutzifer!ktshh!helle
voice: +49 40 384298                    hm@hcshh    / ...!mcsun!unido!hcshh!hm