[sci.electronics] ALTERNATOR NEEDED

engage@uokmax.ecn.uoknor.edu (Eric Neal Gage) (10/19/90)

I need a manufacturer or distributor who can supply a 12V alternator
quickly.  The following are general requirements:

	12V
	Start producing power at about 250 rpm.
	Have a top end of about 200 to 300 Watts.
	Small, lightweight.
	Prefer a permanent magnet type with a 4/3 (no cogging)
		magnet arrangement

I need this thing fast and would appreciate any replies.
Mail any info to...
			engage@uokmax.ecn.uoknor.edu

fgb@doe.carleton.ca (Fred Black) (10/20/90)

In article <1990Oct19.145951.8727@uokmax.ecn.uoknor.edu> engage@uokmax.ecn.uoknor.edu (Eric Neal Gage) writes:
>I need a manufacturer or distributor who can supply a 12V alternator
>	12V
>	Start producing power at about 250 rpm.
>	Have a top end of about 200 to 300 Watts.
>	Small, lightweight.
>	Prefer a permanent magnet type with a 4/3 (no cogging)
>		magnet arrangement
I am not sure what you want to use this for, but I would suggest using
an automobile alternator with an appropriate pulley arrangement to get
the speed right.  This may not be as small or as light as you might
prefer, but they are easy to obtain