[sci.electronics] DPLL design needed

mleech@bwdlh131.bnr.ca (Marcus Leech) (10/19/90)

I need a DPLL design based on the PAL16R8 that can take a NRZI signal
  at 1200baud, a clock at 8 or 16 x 1200baud, and generate a
  DPLL-LOCKED signal (what this amounts to is a digital DCD).
  I'm guessing that there's a reasonably good freeware library of
  PAL equations that might contain something like this.

-----------------
Marcus Leech, 4Y11             Bell-Northern Research  |opinions expressed
mleech@bnr.ca                  P.O. Box 3511, Stn. C   |are my own, and not
VE3MDL@VE3JF.ON.CAN.NA         Ottawa, ON, CANADA      |necessarily BNRs

dana@lando.la.locus.com (Dana H. Myers) (10/20/90)

In article <1990Oct18.203839.20608@bnrgate.bnr.ca> mleech@bwdlh131.bnr.ca (Marcus Leech) writes:
>I need a DPLL design based on the PAL16R8 that can take a NRZI signal
>  at 1200baud, a clock at 8 or 16 x 1200baud, and generate a
>  DPLL-LOCKED signal (what this amounts to is a digital DCD).
>  I'm guessing that there's a reasonably good freeware library of
>  PAL equations that might contain something like this.

  Well, if you MUST use the PAL16R8, then the Tucson Amateur Packet
Radio 'State Machine DCD' won't help you. Otherwise, the TAPR State
Machine DCD is a nice little PC board with a 27C64 OTPROM burned with
a state machine program that generates a 'coherent' DCD output.
The kit, all parts included, runs about $17 from TAPR. A self clocking
option is available for a few dollars more.

  They're in Tucson, Arizona; try calling information there for their
phone number. They accept Mastercard and Visa...

/*
 * Dana H. Myers KK6JQ 		| Views expressed here are	*
 * (213) 337-5136 		| mine and do not necessarily	*
 * dana@locus.com		| reflect those of my employer	*
 */

mleech@bwdlh131.bnr.ca (Marcus Leech) (10/23/90)

In article <18518@oolong.la.locus.com>, dana@lando.la.locus.com (Dana H.
Myers) writes:

|>  Well, if you MUST use the PAL16R8, then the Tucson Amateur Packet
|>Radio 'State Machine DCD' won't help you. Otherwise, the TAPR State
|>Machine DCD is a nice little PC board with a 27C64 OTPROM burned with
|>a state machine program that generates a 'coherent' DCD output.
|>The kit, all parts included, runs about $17 from TAPR. A self clocking
|>option is available for a few dollars more.
I'm well aware of the TAPR DCD state machine.  For space/power reasons,
I'd like
  to basically reimplement that in a PAL.  I'm probably going to be producing
  more than one of these (potentially hundreds), which is why I'm interested in
  a PAL design. This is basically for an add-on modem board for our PI board.
  (See the recent announcement in rec.ham-radio).