[sci.electronics] Using HP48SX as a remote?

kimf@nntp-server.caltech.edu (Kim Dorian Flowers) (10/21/90)

Would it be possible to write programs using the HP48SX to act like
one of those universal remotes?

Kim Flowers

Ingvar.Strand@ext.luth.se (Ingvar Strand) (10/22/90)

In article <1990Oct20.193730.13677@nntp-server.caltech.edu> kimf@nntp-server.caltech.edu (Kim Dorian Flowers) writes:
>Would it be possible to write programs using the HP48SX to act like
>one of those universal remotes?

Yes, if the IR-diode is strong enough.
I have a friend that have such a program on his HP28S, and it do work.
But I don't know if the IR-diode has the same strength on the HP48sx.

Ingvar

rick@ofa123.fidonet.org (Rick Ellis) (10/26/90)

On <Oct 21 21:23> Ingvar Strand writes:

 IS> kimf@nntp-server.caltech.edu (Kim Dorian Flowers) writes:

>Would it be possible to write programs using the HP48SX to act like
>one of those universal remotes?

 IS> Yes, if the IR-diode is strong enough.
 IS> I have a friend that have such a program on his HP28S, and it do work.
 IS> But I don't know if the IR-diode has the same strength on the HP48sx.

I suspect it would also be very limited in what remotes it could learn.
Doesn't the HP48sx have a fixed carrier frequency?

--
Rick Ellis
Internet: rick@ofa123.fidonet.org