[sci.electronics] Radio Electronics-Lancaster Index

atn@cory.Berkeley.EDU (Alan Nishioka) (10/30/90)

Attached is a short index of Don Lancaster's Hardware Hacker column in
Radio Electronics.  This weekend I was looking for the bit he wrote
about pseudo random generators so I could build a scary flashing light
for the pumpkin.  I found that the RE annual indices only list what is
written in the table of contents, while Lancaster usually covers
several different topics per column.  So I decided to type it in.

This is mostly copied from the masthead of each column listing what it
covers.  I added a few entries for clarity.  All type is in lowercase
to facilitate grepping.  April 1988 is incomplete because I don't have
the magazine since my subscription was just starting up.

Comments, questions, flames, campaign contributions to me.
Does anyone find this useful?
Alan Nishioka      KC6KHV      atn@cory.berkeley.edu      ...!ucbvax!cory!atn

-----------------------CUT HERE------------------------------------------
Radio electronics Annual Indices:  Dec 1986, Dec 1988, Jan 1990

An index of topics for Don Lancaster's Hardware Hacker.

Jan 1988	welcome to a new column, a digital potentiometer,
		automotive electronics, accessing trade journals,
		new technical literature, the santa claus machine

Feb 1988	more on uv curing resins, using liquid level detectors,
		circuits for electronic music, microprocessor fundamentals,
		off-the-shelf superconductors!

Mar 1988	using posistors, more on superconductors,
		monitors for the appleiigs, new video integrated circuits,
		ibm to apple communications

Apr 1988	surplus erg valves

May 1988	a new a/d converter, the postscript language,
		telephone ring detectors, toner cartridge reloading,
		replacement semiconductors

Jun 1988	finding parts sources, rs-232 serial interface,
		perspective transforms, more on superconductors,
		computer memory expansion

Jul 1988	absolute navigation ideas, telephone line recording,
		ring equivalency numbers, data access arrangements,
		new postscript printed circuit layouts

Aug 1988	remote controls, infrared receivers, a new a/d converter,
		new databook resources, analog computer interfacing

Sep 1988	electronic references, 16-bit converter chips,
		synchronous inverters, a/d conversion secrets,
		apple computing books

Oct 1988	patents and patenting, the lan of the eighties,
		hacking and the handicapped resources,
		a new pressure transducer, pressure measurement basics

Nov 1988	a cheap color fuser, omnicrom and kroy kolor,
		more on the $10 navicube, television on an rbg monitor,
		industrial and trade resources

Dec 1988	digital compass circuits, the earth's magnetic field,
		measuring magnetic fields, a low-end postscript driver,
		computer model prototypes

Jan 1989	surface mount parts kits, visible and infrared filters,
		innovative circuit suppliers, digital sinewave generators,
		getting and using databooks

Feb 1989	white noise software, top octave generators,
		high definition television, pseudorandom sequences,
		electronic music resources

Mar 1989	a new "disco" circuit, zero crossing detection,
		ac power load interface, phase controlled dimming,
		dialog information service

Apr 1989	refilling sx toner cartridges, more digital sinewaves,
		minimum order hassles, micropower regulators,
		mass teleportation card

May 1989	saw devices, phase plane plots, state variable filters,
		call progress detectors, low frequency resources

Jun 1989	soup cans full of chips, digital audio front ends,
		sensors and transducers, starting your tech venture,
		delta-sigma a/d conversion

Jul 1989	toner reloading tools, more on digital audio,
		getting an oscilloscope, simple cmos oscillators,
		some bar code resources

Aug 1989	cold fusion secrets, electrolytic chemistry,
		a new light show bbs, future power resources,
		the isotopes of hydrogen

Sep 1989	more on cold fusion, mystery chip solved!,
		cheap digital compass, humidity measurement,
		book-on-demand publishing

Oct 1989	solid state visible laser, laser hacking resources,
		picking filter capacitors, stereo wireless broadcaster,
		international power standards

Nov 1989	more on cold fusion, new postscript video,
		linear stepper motors, stepper driver circuits,
		modelmaking resources

Dec 1989	optical reprint sources, hacker pc breakthrough,
		clock and doorbell chip, faking double-side boards,
		printed circuit resource list

Jan 1990	postscript fractal fern, unusual cooling ideas,
		thermoelectric modules, chaos science resources,
		superintelligent machines

Feb 1990	dew sensor circuits, direct toner pc update,
		hacker cold fusion kits, midnight engineering mag,
		alarm and security resources

Mar 1990	ldtv position detectors, treasure finding circuitry,
		switchable analog inverter, synchronous demodulators,
		desktop accessories contest, printing resources

Apr 1990	organic vapor detectors, low melting point alloys,
		alternate energy resources, ultraviolet flame detector,
		five band equalizer circuit

May 1990	hall effect resources, shape memory alloys,
		cycolor printing secrets, low noise amplification,
		unusual mechanical stuff

Jun 1990	electronic levels, low cost memory, new form of matter,
		cases and enclosures, laserwriter tech info

Jul 1990	electronic melody chips, unusual book resources,
		ten speed blender control, power control fundamentals,
		hacker interchange standard

Aug 1990	huffman Codes, video line drivers, run length encoding,
		new compaction chips, amateur radio astronomy

Sep 1990	perpetual motion, independent research, magnetocaloric effect,
		audio voltmeters

Oct 1990	passive filters, active filters, a digital thermometer

Nov 1990	walking-ring counters, electronic dice, vortex coolers,
		electronic trade journals

Dec 1990	discrete cosine transforms, digital sine-wave generator,
		more video compression, an audiovisual switcher circuit
Alan Nishioka      KC6KHV      atn@cory.berkeley.edu      ...!ucbvax!cory!atn

newton@ils.nwu.edu (David Newton) (10/30/90)

Alan Nishioka   atn@cory.berkeley.edu      ...!ucbvax!cory!atn writes:

> This is mostly copied from the masthead of each column listing what it
> covers.  I added a few entries for clarity.  All type is in lowercase
> to facilitate grepping.  April 1988 is incomplete because I don't have
> the magazine since my subscription was just starting up.

   I appreciate your time in typing all this in, it's very handy.  However:
if you really had wanted to facilitate grepping, instead of lowercasing
(since grep can ignore case differences) it might have been handier to
include the issue date on each line of topics...

   Just a minor point to an otherwise cool thing...

   Thanx again (it really is a minor complaint).

David L. Newton	    |  Work: (708) 491-4791  | VR is great!!  I died in one-
ILS, Room 327       |  Home: (708) 332-2321  | (with virtual  insurance,  of
1890 Maple St.      |------------------------| course) collected it,  and am
Evanston, IL  60201 | Gumby Cyberdeck Jockey | now virtually happy. I think.