[sci.electronics] Idenity Battery & Source

johnh@cad.Berkeley.EDU (John Hutchinson) (10/30/90)

I have a Panasonic rechargable battery with number LCR6V1.3P
(6V, 1.3Ah/20HR) written on it.  Is this some kind of super
NiCad?  It's a rectangular box about 4" x 2" x 1".  Does anyone
know of a source?

Thanks,
     John Hutchinson
     (johnh@cad.berkeley.edu)

myers@hpfcdj.HP.COM (Bob Myers) (10/31/90)

>I have a Panasonic rechargable battery with number LCR6V1.3P
>(6V, 1.3Ah/20HR) written on it.  Is this some kind of super
>NiCad?  It's a rectangular box about 4" x 2" x 1".  Does anyone
>know of a source?

This sounds more like a sealed lead-acid than a NiCd; check the yellow
pages for battery distributors near you, or look for a Panasonic sales rep.

Bob Myers  KC0EW   HP Graphics Tech. Div.|  Opinions expressed here are not
                   Ft. Collins, Colorado |  those of my employer or any other
myers@fc.hp.com                          |  sentient life-form on this planet.

vermilye@Oswego.EDU (Jon R. Vermilye) (10/31/90)

In article <29317@pasteur.Berkeley.EDU> johnh@cad.Berkeley.EDU (John Hutchinson) writes:
>I have a Panasonic rechargable battery with number LCR6V1.3P
>(6V, 1.3Ah/20HR) written on it.  Is this some kind of super
>NiCad?  It's a rectangular box about 4" x 2" x 1".  Does anyone
>know of a source?
>
>Thanks,
>     John Hutchinson
>     (johnh@cad.berkeley.edu)

	This is a lead/acid battery.  Try Digi-Key (800 344 4539).  They
list it as part # P128.

Jon R. Vermilye                          		         315 341 2138
Department of Theatre, Tyler Hall                  vermilye@oswego.oswego.edu
SUNY Oswego                                 ..rutgers!sunybcs!oswego!vermilye
Oswego, NY 13126                                     vermilye@snyoswva.bitnet