[sci.electronics] Free Auto-router or CAD-program for printed circuits wanted.

jh@efd.lth.se (Joergen Haegg) (11/05/90)

I'm looking for a free version of an auto-router or/and
a program to draw layouts for printed circuits.

Or is all this type of programs commercial?

Please answer by e-mail.
Joergen Haegg				jh@efd.lth.se	postmaster@efd.lth.se
System manager @ efd			046-107492
Lund Institute of Technology		Sweden

carlos@wateol (Carlos Bazzarella) (11/06/90)

Some time ago somebody posted the diffs to make Randy Nevin's
pcb.arc run on the SunOS. Well I've got his program running
on the Macintosh (not very Mac-like, but it runs), the pcbprint
was chanced to print the circuit inside a window and filter keydown
events . Everything was done on a Mac Plus (no color) with ThinkC 4.0
Question :
   if there is interest, where can I post them.

				Carlos Bazzarella.
				Univ. of Waterloo.

rcbalc@rw5.urc.tue.nl (Luc Cluitmans) (11/07/90)

In article <1990Nov5.164915.27098@watserv1.waterloo.edu>, carlos@wateol (Carlos Bazzarella) writes:
> Some time ago somebody posted the diffs to make Randy Nevin's
> pcb.arc run on the SunOS. Well I've got his program running
> on the Macintosh (not very Mac-like, but it runs), the pcbprint
> was chanced to print the circuit inside a window and filter keydown
> events . Everything was done on a Mac Plus (no color) with ThinkC 4.0
> Question :
>    if there is interest, where can I post them.
>
> 				Carlos Bazzarella.
> 				Univ. of Waterloo.

Sorry for wasting net-bandwidth with this, but it seems I can't reach the
author directly.

I'm very interested in your version of the program. I've been looking for
a long time for a cheap, or even better: free, program on the mac to make
PCB's.

Where to post this program: hmm, there are some places that come to my mind:
1) Make the program (preferably including sources) available for anonymous
ftp on your site, if that is possible. This is possibly the fastest way of
making a program available.
2) Send it to an appropriate Usenet-group; in this case comp.sys.mac.binaries.
3) Send it to a large international ftp-site, for instance
sumex-aim.stanford.edu in the U.S.A. or nic.funet.fi in Europe (I don't know
about the pacific area). I don't exactly know how you should do this, but I
believe you can upload anything you want to nic.funet.fi in a directory, ehh
, mac/incoming .
4) Send it by mail to anyone who would like to have it. This might be a big
job to do 8-).

Options 1 and 3 are of course only possible when you have access to anonymous
ftp.
As is usual in the macintosh transporting world you should StuffIt1.5 the
program and binhex4.0 it.

Hoping to see the program soon,
   yours sincerely,

         Luc Cluitmans.
                                      (rcbalc@urc.tue.nl)

 Luc Cluitmans                                              rcbalc@urc.tue.nl
 Don't Worry, Be happy!
 (Signature under construction... Be patient.)