[sci.electronics] Nintendo Internals

elwood@wam.umd.edu (Jim Bogard) (11/08/90)

Has anyone messed around with figuring what goes on inside a
Nintendo?  IE, what kind of proms they use, microprocessor,
etc. makes me wonder...

(potential flamers: relax. Im just curious.)

J-.

--
Jim Bogard  oper014@umuc.umd.edu  jimbo@socrates.umd.edu
                                  elwood@cscwam.umd.edu

disclaimer? I think UM has bigger things to worry about than my opinions.

berggren@eecs.cs.pdx.edu (Eric Berggren) (11/08/90)

elwood@wam.umd.edu (Jim Bogard) writes:

>Has anyone messed around with figuring what goes on inside a
>Nintendo?  IE, what kind of proms they use, microprocessor,
>etc. makes me wonder...

>(potential flamers: relax. Im just curious.)

  I was always interested if anyone has ever hacked out a cartrige
copier using one of these things (hmmmm, wonder if the SAMS are out on
it yet), ooops, I'd better be quiet....