[sci.electronics] SP0256/CTS256A Exception ROM docs WANTED

gja@vta.atl.ga.us (Greg Ansley) (11/10/90)

I'm looking for documentation on the exception ROM (and user ROM) for
the SP0256/CTS256A text to speech chip set. The exception ROM is used
to give pronunciation information for words that CTS256A mispronounces.

The sparse documentation I have implies some kind of magic signature at
the beginning of the ROM as well as information about the ROMS length
and the the length of any optional RAM.

Any help or more complete documentation would be appreciated.

Greg Ansley
gja@vta.atl.ga.us
..!gatech!vta!gja

jko@jdyx.UUCP (Jonathan O'Neal) (11/11/90)

gja@vta.atl.ga.us (Greg Ansley) writes:

>I'm looking for documentation on the exception ROM (and user ROM) for
>the SP0256/CTS256A text to speech chip set. The exception ROM is used
>to give pronunciation information for words that CTS256A mispronounces.

>The sparse documentation I have implies some kind of magic signature at
>the beginning of the ROM as well as information about the ROMS length
>and the the length of any optional RAM.

>Any help or more complete documentation would be appreciated.

>Greg Ansley
>gja@vta.atl.ga.us
>..!gatech!vta!gja

   Me too!  The chips were easy enough to work with, but the speech leaves a
lot to be desired.  A little tweaking is in order.  If anyone has these docs,
please forward them to me as well (jko@jdyx.atlanta.ga.us) or post here.
Thanks in advance.

   -jko

dth@cs.brown.edu (Dzung T. Hoang) (11/12/90)

I have 19 pages of documentation for the CTS256AL2 chip, including details
on programming the exception ROM.  Contact me by email for details.  I would
also like to hear from everyone who has programmed such a ROM.
Dzung T. Hoang
dth@cs.brown.edu