[sci.electronics] Static RAM <10ns ?

wayned@wddami.spoami.com (Wayne Diener) (11/11/90)

>In article <2400@krafla.rhi.hi.is> adamd@rhi.hi.is (Adam David) writes:
>Well, does anyone know what kind of static RAM is available with access time
>within TEN nanoseconds including possible interface time to HCMOS? I am
>inclined to believe that this may require ECL components. What it available,
>and how would it be rigged up? I need approx 16*16*16 bits, and the shorter
>the access time the better, so long as there's a supplier who can ship.
>All suggestions gratefully received.
>
>Adam David.           adamd@rhi.hi.is

If my multiplication is correct, that's only 8 bytes.  You might be better
off trying to use eight 8 bit latches - ACT or FCT parts might be fast
enough for you (I don't have a data book handy) and then you wouldn't have
to worry about the ECL<->HCMOS level shifting either.

|       //                  Wayne D. Diener                     |
|      //                   Spokane, WA                         |
|  \\ //     E-mail reply to:                                   |
|   \X/      To: isc-br!hawk!wddami!wayned@uunet.uu.net         |

adamd@rhi.hi.is (Adam David) (11/12/90)

ssave@srvr1 (Shailendra Anant Save) (11/13/90)

From article <2400@krafla.rhi.hi.is>, by adamd@rhi.hi.is (Adam David):
> Well, does anyone know what kind of static RAM is available with access time
> within TEN nanoseconds including possible interface time to HCMOS? I am
> inclined to believe that this may require ECL components. What it available,
> and how would it be rigged up? I need approx 16*16*16 bits, and the shorter
> the access time the better, so long as there's a supplier who can ship.
> All suggestions gratefully received.
>
> Adam David.           adamd@rhi.hi.is

    I'd be interested in this as well.  Can some knowledgeable soul
please send me email?

					Thanks,
                                            --Shailendra

--
 Physical:  Shailendra Save,        Logical:  ssave@caen.engin.umich.edu           ICBM: 42 33'W   83 71'N
            2303 Conger Baits II,      UUCP:  ...!umix!caen.engin.umich.edu!ssave   Fax: 313-747-1781

             (For those who don't know, a weasel is a wolverine)