[sci.electronics] Looking for bulb for old movie projector.

scheer@motcid.UUCP (Jon Scheer) (11/07/90)

   [ Sorry to post this to sci.electronics -- I imagine that there
are more appropriate newsgroups, but this is the closest one that
we subscribe to.  Again, my apolgies. ]

Greetings.

   I have an old Eastman Kodak Brownie 8 (model 10) movie projector,
and I'm trying to find a replacement bulb for it.

   I've already called Kodak and GE, and GE doesn't make the bulb
anymore.  But I didn't know if someone might have one in their
basement or if they might know of a place that stocks old obsolete
bulbs.

   The information on the bulb is :

	ASA Code BMA
	150 watt
	115 volt
	S-11 bulb
	CL-8 filament
	Double contact base

   The bulb is mounted (soldered) into a base that has a reflector
on the back it.

   Looking at the bulb from the side, it sort of looks like this :

                            /  ---------
                           /  /         \
             Reflector -> | |             |    -------------->
                          |  \           /
                           \  \_________/
                            \    |   |
                             ===========
                                 |___|
                                  " "

   Has anybody seen any bulbs like this?  Any idea where I might
find such a critter??

   advTHANKSance (very much)

Jon
11/6/90
...{uunet | mcdchg | gatech | att}!motcid!scheer            <-- Work
...{uunet | mcdchg | amtfocus}!outback!wombat               <-- Home
outback!wombat@UUNET.UU.NET or F1JON@ISUMVS.BITNET          <-- Bitnet
outback!wombat@chg.mcd.mot.com                              <-- Internet
   "Someday, son, all this will be yours."
   "What, the curtains??"                    -- Monty Python & the Holy Grail

murray@src.dec.com (Hal Murray) (11/08/90)

I had a similar problem. A friend gave me a Bulbman blurb. Bingo.

1-800-648-1163, in Nevada, 702-788-5661

murray@src.dec.com (Hal Murray) (11/09/90)

Date:     Thu, 8 Nov 90 8:08:40 EST
From: Mike Danish (VLD/GSB) <mbd@BRL.MIL>
To: murray
Subject:  bulb source

I cannot post directly to the net.  Would you be so kind
as to forward this additional info for me:

For bulbs, try Sitler's Supplies  800 426-3938
               Associated Photo Co.  800 727-2580
               PSC Lamps          800 772-5267

If no help, write:  Mike Russell, Tech. Editor
                    The Rangefinder Magazine
                    Rangefinder Publishing Co., Inc.
                    P.O. Box 1703
                    1312 Lincoln Blvd.
                    Santa Monica, CA 90406

                    Send a SASE for an immediate reply.
                    If he can't help, he can put your
                    query in his column for readers to see.

dahls@idt.unit.no (Jorn Dahl-Stamnes) (11/14/90)

I'm planning to make a lightning system for my bike (mountain bike)
and like to use a 6 volt halogen bulb with about 10 to 30 watt power.
I'm not shure about what kind of bulb that is avalable, but I know
there is some type of bulb called H3, which are very common on cars.
The problem with these bulbs is that they are only available for 12
volt system and the power is 55 watt (and larger). This is too much
for me. Does anybody know if there exist a H3 bulb for 6 volt system
in the right power range (10 to 30 watt)?

Please send all mails to dahls-stamnes@elab-runit.sintef.no and not
the the adr. shown in this articel - thanx.