[sci.electronics] Spice, Pspice

psgmm@acad3.fai.alaska.edu (11/15/90)

Recently I have seen some postings concerning Spice and PSpice. Basicly what
I am looking for is any electronics emulation program that will preferably run
on a Mac, and available through a FTP site, again preferably Freeware or Share-
ware. Basicly my understanding of PSpice is that it is a student version of
Spice, is this true? Is it available through a server? Any help that anyone on
the net can be would be appreciated....

chik@eecg.toronto.edu (Raymond Chik) (11/16/90)

In article <1990Nov14.133044.1@acad3.fai.alaska.edu> psgmm@acad3.fai.alaska.edu writes:
>.....Basicly my understanding of PSpice is that it is a student version of
>Spice, is this true? Is it available through a server? Any help that anyone on
>the net can be would be appreciated....

PSpice is not a student version of Spice. But it does has it's own
student version. We are using it for the undergraduate courses. The full
version of PSpice is just as powerfull as Spice (Berkeley versions)
(I've use others, like HSPICE, that are better since they are commercial
packages). The bad thing about PSpice is that you need a security disc
every time you invoke the program (maybe there's a hardware key option that
saves you from putting in a floppy when you run it everytime).

chik.