[sci.electronics] Thermoelectric Modules Wanted...

grusin@boulder.Colorado.EDU (GRUSIN MICHAEL) (11/15/90)

...I would like to build a small project incorporating a thermoelectric
module for heating / cooling (maintaining a compartment at a desired
temperature).  I know you can build these things out of certain metals
and semiconductors, but it seemed like it would be easier just to obtain
one of the modules... I know that several companies (Coleman) market
"ice chests" that contain these units; anyone know of a supplier?
(I could get one of these "ice chests" and hack it, but they're
somewhat $$).

-Thanks, Mike Grusin (grusin@tramp.colorado.edu).

forbes@aries.scs.uiuc.edu (Jeff Forbes) (11/15/90)

In article <29754@boulder.Colorado.EDU> grusin@tramp.Colorado.EDU (GRUSIN MICHAEL) writes:

>...I would like to build a small project incorporating a thermoelectric
>module for heating / cooling (maintaining a compartment at a desired
>temperature).  I know you can build these things out of certain metals
>and semiconductors, but it seemed like it would be easier just to obtain
>one of the modules... I know that several companies (Coleman) market
>"ice chests" that contain these units; anyone know of a supplier?
>(I could get one of these "ice chests" and hack it, but they're
>somewhat $$).

Try,
	The Electronic Goldmine
	PO Box 5408
	Scottsdale, AZ 85261
	(602) 451-7454

They have some one inch square devices for $35.

Jeff Forbes

"....I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work."
			Thomas Edison

gordon@boulder.Colorado.EDU (GORDON ALLEN R) (11/16/90)

>"ice chests" that contain these units; anyone know of a supplier?

A company named Cambion makes them, but I don't have an address for them.

Allen Gordon

tk@rice-chex.ai.mit.edu (Tom Knight) (11/16/90)

Contact Richard Duenn, Melcor Corp. 990 Spruce St.
Trenton, NJ 08648 516-653-8711 or 609-393-4178

vince@chiton.ucsd.edu (Vince Pavlicek) (11/16/90)

In article <29754@boulder.Colorado.EDU> grusin@tramp.Colorado.EDU (GRUSIN MICHAEL) writes:

>...I would like to build a small project incorporating a thermoelectric
>module for heating / cooling (maintaining a compartment at a desired
>temperature).

 Melcor and Cambion and several other mfgrs but bring a purchase
order. The last 5 I bought (4 watt/ea) totaled $180. The next day
the American Design Components catalog arrived. Cambion #801-2003-01,
(I don't have the catalog here) are $14.95 ea or 4 for $50.
800-776-3700 or 201-941-5000 in NJ. Never bought from them so I don't
know. Maybe this will help or maybe not. I could look these up if you want
later.

                   0   	          vince pavlicek
                   O       development engineer
		   o    vince@whelk.ucsd.edu | vpavlice@ucsd