[sci.electronics] Looking for Video App A/D,D/A converters

IO80900@MAINE.BITNET (11/22/90)

     I am looking for components to construct a couple of projects, &
one in particular which will require numerous A/D and D/A components.
In particular, I am looking for 8-bit conversion devices which will
operate at 12 - 12.5MHz.  I have a line on MATV0811's and MDD1020A's
(Analog Devices), but I would need a few more than would be available
there.  So, if know where I could get such components at reasonable
prices (they don't have to be new, or even non-obsolete, but I would
need to be able to get specs on them, and they would have to be fully
functional), please respond so that I can look into them as soon as
possible.  I would appreciate any helpful responses.  For the purposes
of this project, most of these items are for video applications, but I
am <<not>> looking for pallette DACs, and I may or may not be able to
use ADC's and DAC's with fixed clocks, as some Video ones are today.

     Also, I am looking for some other devices: a address line driver
for a 48+ bit bus (really!), and a few other apparently useless items,
so if you have some old digital components, who knows?

C. A. Gagnon
IO80900 at MAINE.BITNET          Post Office Box 20
io80900@maine.maine.edu          Old Town, Maine  04468-0020   U.S.A.

kp74615@nokikana.tut.fi (Karri Tapani Palovuori) (11/22/90)

In article <90325.194227IO80900@MAINE.BITNET> IO80900@MAINE.BITNET writes:

>     I am looking for components to construct a couple of projects, &
>one in particular which will require numerous A/D and D/A components.
>In particular, I am looking for 8-bit conversion devices which will
>operate at 12 - 12.5MHz.

Try Philips TDA8702 (DAC) and TDA8703 (ADC).

>C. A. Gagnon
>IO80900 at MAINE.BITNET          Post Office Box 20
>io80900@maine.maine.edu          Old Town, Maine  04468-0020   U.S.A.

Karri