[sci.electronics] NTSC compatible HDTV

ka-rt451@bgsu-stu.UUCP (Scott Malchus) (11/14/90)

Hello, I am a college junior and I am currently involved with a
extensive research/forecasting paper about HDTV and the
possibilities of its NTSC compatibility. If anyone out there has
any information that would be helpful or pertains to the subject
matter, pleases do not hesitate to send it along my way.
Either post it or email it to me: ka-rt451@barney.bgsu.edu
                        Thank you very much,
                        Scott Malchus

johne@ex.heurikon.com (John Eckrich) (11/29/90)

(Scott Malchus) writes:

>Hello, I am a college junior and I am currently involved with a
>extensive research/forecasting paper about HDTV and the
>possibilities of its NTSC compatibility. If anyone out there has

The November 26, 1990 issue of Electronic Engineering Times has an extensive
article on something being called SuperNTSC.  It was developed by Faroudja
Laboratories.  It is NOT HDTV, but comes close in performance.  A special
receiver is needed to take full advantage of SuperNTSC, but standard NTSC TVs
will still have a somewhat improved picture. This actually sounds like a
'poor man's HDTV'.

johne@heurikon.heurikon.com				N1000M
Madison, WI						Stinson 108-3