[sci.electronics] cellular phones now

nigel@isgtec.UUCP (Nigel Burnett) (11/28/90)

 Specific comments could be E-mailed but there might be enough interest to
 warrant posting detailed replies.

 thanks in advance - Nigel Burnett - 416-690-1834

rhaar@rcsrlh.GMR.COM (Bob Haar CS50) (11/29/90)

In article <1990Nov28.204505.199@nic.csu.net>, nigel@isgtec.UUCP (Nigel
Burnett) writes:
...text deleted...

We have been getting many duplicate (and old) netnews messages here. There
worst that I have seen is six copies of this message arriving together, four
of them Messaage-ID's that originate at nic@csu.net. Can anyone explain
what is going on? and maybe how to fix it?

	Bob Haar   CSNET: HAAR@GMR.COM  UUCP: uunet!edsews!rphroy!rcsrlh!rhaar
	Computer Science Dept., G.M. Research Laboratories
DISCLAIMER: Unless indicated otherwise, everything in this note is
personal opinion, not an official statement of General Motors Corp.

ifaq570@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu (allen kitchen) (11/30/90)

	Hi. I am a college student browsing through this net,
and I am being buried by requests by Nigel for a cellular phone
to use in HongKong. I have counted ten copys so far. One, maybe
two transmissions is enough guys.
:

nigel@isgtec.UUCP (Nigel Burnett) (11/30/90)

 I will be travelling to Hong Kong in the new year and am interested in
 picking up a small hand-held cellular telephone.  I will need it to talk
 to the Cantel network in Canada.  Is there anything special that I need
 to be aware of when
Date: 27 Nov 90 20:39:19 GMT

 Specific comments could be E-mailed but there might be enough interest to
 warrant posting detailed replies.

 thanks in advance - Nigel Burnett - 416-690-1834

cb1p+@andrew.cmu.edu (Chris Beasley) (11/30/90)

Gee Nigel, could you post that message again?
I think I missed something. :-/