[sci.electronics] Circuit simulator for pulse power?

rhodes@rogue.llnl.gov (Rhodes, Mark) (12/08/90)

I am looking for a circuit simulator program that runs on IBM PC's
(VAX is also possible) that can handle transmission lines with
initial conditions. Any help would be appreciated. Please send replies

rhodes@icdc.llnl.gov   or post here.

ayman@caen.engin.umich.edu (Ayman Kayssi) (12/09/90)

In article <87473@lll-winken.LLNL.GOV> rhodes@rogue.llnl.gov writes:
>I am looking for a circuit simulator program that runs on IBM PC's
>(VAX is also possible) that can handle transmission lines with
>initial conditions. Any help would be appreciated. Please send replies
>
>rhodes@icdc.llnl.gov   or post here.

	The Hspice circuit simulator can handle transmission lines
	of various flavors: coax, striplines, microstrips and twisted pair.
	The transmission line can be modeled either
	by its electrical or physical characteristics and can be lossy
	as opposed to the transmission line element in (regular) Spice.
	Initial conditions can be easily set at any node in the circuit
	using a ".ic" control card.
	Hspice runs on a variety of computers ranging from 386's to
	Crays. If you need the name and address of the company
	that sells Hspice then send me email at
		ayman@caen.engin.umich.edu
						<Ayman>

=  Ayman Issam Kayssi                        =   Email:                      =
=  Advanced Computer Architecture Lab.       =   ayman@caen.engin.umich.edu  =
=  EECS Dept., Univ. of Michigan, Ann Arbor  =   ayman@eecs.umich.edu        =