[sci.electronics] Tom Hayes

jcallen@Encore.COM (Jerry Callen) (12/12/90)

In article <1990Dec11.064909.26800@uokmax.ecn.uoknor.edu> bateman@nsslsun.gcn.uoknor.edu (Monte Bateman) writes:
>Also, don't forget:
>
>The Student Manual for "The Art of Electronics"
>by Thomas C. Hayes & Paul Horowitz ---
>
>It's a spiral-bound workbook (for lab) that contains many
>"hands-on" tests to illustrate the text of the "main" book.
>
>All (most) of the diagrams and figures are hand-drawn -- makes it
>look more "friendly" and more like a lab book.

The drawings are by Tom Hayes; he makes similar drawings all the time in
lecture.

If you don't know a lot about electronics and want to learn more (and live
in the boston area) I highly recommmend PHYS-123 at the Harvard Extension
School. Tom Hayes teaches this class; it's two semesters, the first is
analog and the second digital. Plenty of contruction in a well-equiped
lab, and Tom is a great instructor. The emphasis is very strongly on
building simple stuff that WORKS.

-- Jerry Callen
   jcallen@encore.com