[sci.electronics] Electronics surplus in Boston; info wanted

ardai@teda.UUCP (Mike Ardai) (12/19/90)

In article <12169@pucc.Princeton.EDU> VANROOJE@pucc.Princeton.EDU writes:
>I'll be visiting Boston after Christmas, and would like information on good
>electronics surplus outlets up there.  I'm particularly interested in the
>sort of place that would have parts for older tube-type equipment, audio output
>transformers, and the like.  Thanks in advance for any info.   - MvR

Try ELI Heffron and Sons in Cambridge (138 Hampshire (I think)).  They have
all sorts of components, computer bits, test equipment and similar stuff.
Not that much audio gear, but you never know what you may find.
/mike

--
\|/  Michael L. Ardai   Teradyne EDA East
--- -------------------------------------------------------------------------

jon_sree@world.std.com (Jon Sreekanth) (12/20/90)

In article <18253@teda.UUCP> ardai@teda.UUCP (Mike Ardai) writes:

   In article <12169@pucc.Princeton.EDU> VANROOJE@pucc.Princeton.EDU writes:
   >I'll be visiting Boston after Christmas, and would like information on good
   >electronics surplus outlets up there.  I'm particularly interested in the

   Try ELI Heffron and Sons in Cambridge (138 Hampshire (I think)).  They have
   all sorts of components, computer bits, test equipment and similar stuff.

Eli is a good place to try; they're at 139 Hampshire St, Cambridge.
Last heard of, it was 8 - 5 weekdays, 8-3 Saturday, closed SUnday.
Call them at 617-547-4005 to check their holiday timings.

Another place (not quite in Boston) is Electronic Surplus Service. Originally
used to be near Nashua, now moved to Milford, NH. Call them at 603-673-5690
They're 9 - 4  weekdays. Bigger operation than Eli's

Also check out BNF in Peabody. Call them first, at 617-531-5785

Computer Bargains, in Haverhill, MA, is at 617-372-8637

The last two places have stuff like old 19" color monitors for
ridiculous prices (but they're going to be incompatible with any known
standard). It's been at least a year since I visited them, so call.

Happy hunting ...

/ Jon Sreekanth

Assabet Valley Microsystems			Fax and PC products
346 Lincoln St #722, Marlboro, MA 01752		508-562-0722
jon_sree@world.std.com