[sci.electronics] Halogen bulb styles?

cruff@ncar.ucar.edu (Craig Ruff) (12/29/90)

Are there any halogen bulb styles available that can be used as
a direct replacement for the standard incandescent bulbs (like 100W)?
This would be used in a floor lamp where light in most directions
is desirable.  I alreay know about the flood-style lamps.
--
Craig Ruff      	NCAR			cruff@ncar.ucar.edu
(303) 497-1211  	P.O. Box 3000

tomb@hplsla.HP.COM (Tom Bruhns) (01/03/91)

cruff@ncar.ucar.edu (Craig Ruff) writes:
>Are there any halogen bulb styles available that can be used as
>a direct replacement for the standard incandescent bulbs (like 100W)?
>This would be used in a floor lamp where light in most directions
>is desirable.  I alreay know about the flood-style lamps.

I recently bought a bulb with standard incandescent form factor that
apparently contains a small halogen lamp inside.  Seems like the trade
name was "Capsylite" or some such, from one of the big-name makers
like Sylvania.  Bought it in a home supplies or grocery store, I'm sure...
don't recall where exactly.