[sci.electronics] Passive Filter Help Needed

erich@inmet.inmet.com (01/08/91)

Passive filter help needed!

Can someone point me to a book that can help in the design
of passive LC filters.
It should be as straightforward as possible.

All I need is to design a -24dB/octave, 80Khz, Constant load impedance LPF.

Besides the values of the components, I need to keep the DC resistance of
the inductors as low as possible and need to make sure that I don't melt
any caps.

Thanks for the advice...

Internet:	erich@inmet.inmet.com
UUCP:		uunet!inmet!erich

mcovingt@athena.cs.uga.edu (Michael A. Covington) (01/09/91)

Try the American Radio Relay League Handbook, 1991.

Besides the technical information, they give some information about how
to get the low-resistance 88-mH inductors that are mass-produced by
telephone companies. These are of higher quality than other inexpensive
inductors that you might use.

datwyler@esunix.UUCP (Doug Datwyler) (01/10/91)

In article <17100011@inmet>, erich@inmet.inmet.com writes:

> Passive filter help needed!
>
> Can someone point me to a book that can help in the design
> of passive LC filters.

A book that may be helpful is "Electronic FIlter Design Handbook",
written by Arthur B. Williams. My copy is at home, so I am unable
to verify the title, but I know that the author name is correct.
The latest edition also includes some DSP filter designs. The
local university or college should have a copy available.
--
Douglas L. Datwyler, WR7O
Evans and Sutherland