[sci.electronics] surplus electronics vendors / laser diodes

wdlee@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu (david lee) (01/05/91)

Has anyone noticed ads for laser diodes? I know of two companies:
Meredith and Unicorn. I am looking for less expensive sources of lasers
near 850nm. (I'd rather not shell out $150 per laser for a prototype.)
thanks,
David

hpoppe@ncar.ucar.edu (Herb Poppe) (01/11/91)

In article <42140@ut-emx.uucp> wdlee@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu (david lee) writes:
> Has anyone noticed ads for laser diodes? I know of two companies:
> Meredith and Unicorn. I am looking for less expensive sources of lasers
> near 850nm. (I'd rather not shell out $150 per laser for a prototype.)

In the latest Digi-Key catalog:

Panasonic Laser Diodes
Oscillation Wavelength (nm) 788
Price (Q1) $26.44

Herb Poppe             hpoppe@ncar.ucar.edu
NCAR                      (303) 497-1296
1850 Table Mesa Dr.
Boulder, CO  80307-3000