[sci.electronics] Homeminder remote stolen

george@racsys2.UUCP (George Rachor Jr.) (01/15/91)

My home was reciently broken into.  They stole the usual kind of things
(vcr's, TV's, Stereos) and every Remote control.

I guess they figured to take them all and sort it out later.

I have the Homeminder remote control system sold by Radio Shack but
Radio Shack claims they can not get me a replacement remote.

Does anybody out there have a Dead Homeminder system with a good remote
they would be willing to sell?  Failing that does anyone have a working
homeminder box they would be willing to let me borrow for a few days so
I could train a universal remote?  (I would be willing to pay postage
both ways).

--
George Rachor Jr.
Rachor Data Center, Beaverton, OR  97005

rick@ofa123.fidonet.org (Rick Ellis) (01/20/91)

On <Jan 14 21:50> George Rachor Jr. writes:

 GRJ> I have the Homeminder remote control system sold by Radio Shack but
 GRJ> Radio Shack claims they can not get me a replacement remote.

The Radio Shack Homeminder is the same as the GE Homeminder.  You could talk to
them.

 GRJ> Does anybody out there have a Dead Homeminder system with a good remote
 GRJ> they would be willing to sell?

One of our remote controls (One for All) could be set up to handle the
Homeminder without access to the original remote.

--
Rick Ellis
Internet: rick@ofa123.fidonet.org

Bill.Boogaart@f14.n134.z1.fidonet.org (Bill Boogaart) (01/20/91)

In a message of <Jan 19 12:34>, George Rachor Jr. (1:103/208) writes:

 GRJ>I have the Homeminder remote control system sold by Radio Shack but
 GRJ>Radio Shack claims they can not get me a replacement remote.

That's probably because they don't know what a Homeminder is.  Homeminder is the
General Electric trade name for the X10 system, Radio Shack sells them under the
Plug and Power trade name.  You should be able to get a replacement from Radio
Shack National Parts, or a replacement directly from X10 Inc.  I believe what
you're looking for is the RT504  Radio Transmitter.  Contact X10 Inc. by calling
them at 1-800-526-0027.

Bill

--
Bill Boogaart
Internet: Bill.Boogaart@f14.n134.z1.fidonet.org

carney@iccgcc.decnet.ab.com (MARK C.) (01/24/91)

In article <230@racsys2.UUCP>, george@racsys2.UUCP (George Rachor Jr.) writes:
> My home was reciently broken into.  They stole the usual kind of things
> (vcr's, TV's, Stereos) and every Remote control.
>
> I guess they figured to take them all and sort it out later.
>
> I have the Homeminder remote control system sold by Radio Shack but
> Radio Shack claims they can not get me a replacement remote.
>
> Does anybody out there have a Dead Homeminder system with a good remote
> they would be willing to sell?  Failing that does anyone have a working
> homeminder box they would be willing to let me borrow for a few days so
> I could train a universal remote?  (I would be willing to pay postage
> both ways).
>
> --
> George Rachor Jr.
> Rachor Data Center, Beaverton, OR  97005
> racsys!george@flight.hf.intel.com
 George,
        As you may recall, I have (had) a TV with a Hominder built in.
If you are unable to come up with a solution you could use my remote
(it spits out codes for both th TV and the HM) give me a call

                                        (216)646-3315

--
                                             ################
                                             #              #

george@racsys.UUCP (George Rachor Jr.) (01/25/91)

> Shack National Parts, or a replacement directly from X10 Inc.  I believe what
> you're looking for is the RT504  Radio Transmitter.  Contact X10 Inc. by calling
> them at 1-800-526-0027.
>
> Bill
Close but not quite.  The remote I was looking for was not radio based, but
infrared.

I do have a remote on the way (Thanks Walt!).  I had contacted Radio Shack
National parts and even given the catalog part number they could not produce
a remote.

To all the other replies offering me the use of their remote to train
a universal thanks.

George